LGG4 stock browser issue

dalmations

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
Before I ask my question I must say that I love my LGG4 (in a non perv way :) ) and am very pleased to have moved across from Samsung.
I am having an issue with the stock browser on the phone though. When I go to a certain web site the phone is not rendering the page correctly. Its only the home page and if i link onwards the site loads correctly. I have also tried to go to the said site on my phone via another browser and it does load correctly so I know it is not the site or the actual phone.
I have even tried to load it via stealth mode and it still loads incorrectly.
I have cleared cookies and cache throughout the phone and all browsers and deleted all temp files and the phones actual cache, then turned the phone off and removed the battery to make sure.
But when I go onto the site to check again, the same issue happens.
I know I could use the other browser but i like to know why things happen and how to fix things.
Hope you can help.
Andy

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
It's hard to say why this issue occurs on the stock browser...it could be a site design issue. Personally, I use Firefox for Android and never have any issues. It also syncs up with my tablet, and desktop PC so I can pick up where I left off on another device!

dalmations

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for replying. As I said originally, the site is ok as it loads correctly with other browsers (and pc's/phones) so the issue is not the actual site. I also use chrome as an app and it loads ok using that (I believe the stock browser used by LG now is also chrome). Just not clearing everything when trying to.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
the site is ok as it loads correctly with other browsers
That does not mean that the site does not have problems. Cross-browser support is a great goal for web sites but it takes work and does not always happen. However, there is certainly the possibility of a problem with the specific browser.

Kr0m

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for being a bit off topic, but the G4 comes with a stock browser? Mine only came with Chrome... G4 H812

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
That's what I said as well when I read the title of this thread.

Only ever had Chrome...Verizon G4...

Posted via the Android Central App

digikam

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same issues with mine (T-Mobile) on multiple sites for the last 2 months. I hate to say it, but it usually happens from links on this site. I will just copy the link and paste it into Chrome. It is very irritating though and would like a fix.

Posted via the Android Central App