LG G4 Strange MMS Problem, why are the pictures I am sending showing a different thumbnail?

mekleiber

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
LG G4 Strange MMS Problem

Hi there,

I have searched endlessly about LG G4's MMS problems (of which there seem to be many), but no thread has addressed the issue that I'm having. For a while, my phone (on the T-Mobile network and using Chomp SMS) wouldn't receive about 20% of MMS messages. My notification light would blink, but no message would be there. Thankfully, that problem seems to have cleared up. Now there is a new problem that wasn't occurring before.

When I send a picture or group message, about 80% of the time a different thumbnail will appear on my screen. The thumbnail is always a photo that someone else has sent me, but which I have NOT downloaded. I've tried clearing my cache multiple times, but to no avail. The pictures, as far as I can tell, go through correctly, but I have been freaked out many times that I've been sending pictures to people that are not intended for them.

I have tried many different SMS apps, but all of them have the same problem, so I'm guessing it's the G4 that's the culprit. I'm very frustrated. A $600 phone should NOT be having these kinds of problems. Has anyone else experienced this?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: LG G4 Strange MMS Problem

Hmm, I have not had an issue at all with MMS, have you tried falling back to the stock messaging app? I've used both stock and Textra and not had an issue.

mekleiber

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Hmm, I have not had an issue at all with MMS, have you tried falling back to the stock messaging app? I've used both stock and Textra and not had an issue.

I switched to the stock app for the original problem of my phone not receiving 20% of MMS, and it didn't help. I figured that it wouldn't help if I switched back for this one either, but I will give it a try. I really, really hate the stock messaging app.

boomer0711

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi there,

I have searched endlessly about LG G4's MMS problems (of which there seem to be many), but no thread has addressed the issue that I'm having. For a while, my phone (on the T-Mobile network and using Chomp SMS) wouldn't receive about 20% of MMS messages. My notification light would blink, but no message would be there. Thankfully, that problem seems to have cleared up. Now there is a new problem that wasn't occurring before.

When I send a picture or group message, about 80% of the time a different thumbnail will appear on my screen. The thumbnail is always a photo that someone else has sent me, but which I have NOT downloaded. I've tried clearing my cache multiple times, but to no avail. The pictures, as far as I can tell, go through correctly, but I have been freaked out many times that I've been sending pictures to people that are not intended for them.

I have tried many different SMS apps, but all of them have the same problem, so I'm guessing it's the G4 that's the culprit. I'm very frustrated. A $600 phone should NOT be having these kinds of problems. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have this same problem scares me that I send photos not intended for other people too

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87