Inconsistent Call Answering Behavior (G4 and G3)

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
This is a somewhat minor annoyance, but an annoyance none the less. I know some of you folks have had prior gen LGs for a while now, so maybe you can help.

On an icnoming call to my G4, sometimes I get the option to "tap (the phone icon) to answer," and sometimes I get the option to "swipe to outside circle to answer" (which seems to actually be the inner circle with the contact pic).

Why is the answer behavior not always the same? Is there a way of which anyone is aware to correct this, and be able to always answer a call with the same behavior (tap, swipe, whatever)?

I had thought the issue might be caused by my having a third party dialer/contacts app (exDialer), but in mentioning it to my mom this morning, she said she has the same inconsistent behavior on her LG G3 without a third party dialer. So, it's on the last two generations, one with a third party dialer and one without. Must be an LG thing?

Thanks.

CaptainRafe

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed that if my screen is locked, I get the swipe to answer option. However, of I'm using the phone, I got a smaller pop up box with the tap to answer option. I've looked, but I can't find a way of having a consistent approach.

Posted via the Android Central App

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that if my screen is locked, I get the swipe to answer option. However, of I'm using the phone, I got a smaller pop up box with the tap to answer option. I've looked, but I can't find a way of having a consistent approach.

Thanks CaptainRafe. The behavior I described in my original post in both cases displays in full screen dialer mode (no pop up box...or at least not one I noticed because the incoming call is full screen in either case). I think I may have turned off the little pop up option, but not positive.

I haven't specifically noticed a connection to whether my phone is locked though. Hmm.

FWIW, I don't have a security code on my lock screen. Just swipe to open. Still odd that the screen would look the same except for the behavior to answer, if that's why there's a difference.