Gmail notification delayed by a few minutes?

shallpion

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I am using a G4 H815 and recently I noticed that the Gmail app (yes, official) sometimes only notifies me about new inbox mails a few minutes after they were received, usually 1-3 minutes. I didn't notice this issue until yesterday when I placed my G4 with my Nexus pad side by side and Nexus always notifies me *instantly*, by which I mean if I open a web browser on my computer and compose an email to my gmail account and hit the send button, in less than a second the Nexus will beep, while G4 only tells me this new email after a few minutes.

It is not the notification sound issue, then phone simply sits there without telling me anything until a few minutes have passed. And I also noticed that if I keep my phone alive by using it, then the delay between email incoming and notification is significantly shorter most of the time.

Is it supposed to be this way or is there anything I can do to have the instant push notification on my Nexus? Thanks :)

shallpion

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks sswitzer for the reply and suggestion, yes I have read that and tried everything I could even two factory resetting. Like many others the problem is it is not syncing in a timely manner, not "it does not sync at all which can be attributed to an unchecked option somewhere in the phone"...

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks sswitzer for the reply and suggestion, yes I have read that and tried everything I could even two factory resetting. Like many others the problem is it is not syncing in a timely manner, not "it does not sync at all which can be attributed to an unchecked option somewhere in the phone"...

Reading the info at the Force Gmail Sync app in the play store, it looks like it might do the trick for you; probably worth the 3 bucks to see if it solves your issue.

shallpion

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Wait...I think I just figured out how to use the app and it indeed solved this issue, or perhaps I would not say it "solves" as what it does appears to be initiating sync operation (maybe by telling google server that the status of the phone is alive, something similar to a ping). It appears that it cannot truly force the sync in a "continuous" manner, but those settings calling for force sync every x minutes does seem to work.. But still, a whole lot better than nothing..

Well, I guess I will settle with this resolution or workaround... Maybe when android M comes out it will become better, who knows...

Thank you so much for the discussion :)

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Wait...I think I just figured out how to use the app and it indeed solved this issue, or perhaps I would not say it "solves" as what it does appears to be initiating sync operation (maybe by telling google server that the status of the phone is alive, something similar to a ping). It appears that it cannot truly force the sync in a "continuous" manner, but those settings calling for force sync every x minutes does seem to work.. But still, a whole lot better than nothing..

Well, I guess I will settle with this resolution or workaround... Maybe when android M comes out it will become better, who knows...

Thank you so much for the discussion :)

Excellent - I like it when there's a reasonably good outcome ;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member