since it only 2 taps to turn on the screen, why can't LG make 3 taps turn on the camera?(like Note 5

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have both the LG G4 and the Samsung Note 5.

I love the LG G4 a little more because I absolutely love the fact that I can turn on the screen by 2 taps.

However, the Note 5 has a feature where if I press the home button 3 times, the camera app opens.

Why can't LG make it so 3 taps on the screen turns on the camera app? Or will they get sued by Samsung for doing this? :D

Just wondering. :)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
holy sweet fancy Moses... I didn't know about that trick! THANKS! :)
I wonder what other cool tricks are on the G4? :)

There are so many tricks on this and other phones, I'm ashamed to say I tend to forget that they're there. :(

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I tried the volume button activation and found it cumbersome. My M8 essentially had the same ability, and I loved it. The biggest difference is the button placement. It's natural to hold a phone by the edges when using the camera. With the rear buttons on the G4, it just seemed like I had to fiddle a lot with it to use that function, and half the time felt like I'd drop it trying to reorient the phone after pressing it.

If I'm I a hurry, I just double tap the screen to wake up, then access the camera by swiping the icon on the lock screen.

cribble2k

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
If you're rooted, get the 'G4 TweaksBox' app from XDA.

It allows you to customize the phone even further. I have double-tap home to activate camera and switch back to my last app by holding the recent app button.

Posted via the Android Central App

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

It allows you to customize the phone even further. I have double-tap home to activate camera and switch back to my last app by holding the recent app button.

but I have the Verizon LG G4, it can't be rooted... or can it? :)

thanks!

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think 3 taps activates camera would have been very annoying for me. I usually tap my phone 3 times to wake it up... just in case 1 of the tap somehow didn't take. It is just easier to do things in 3's.. hehe.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

thanks!

Per XDA forums, they have a root for Verizon up to 13B, don't think have one for M yet. Verizon is usually the last one (for any phone) to be rooted. The procedure is in the Verizon G4 Forum. Have not read the posts yet, just part of the first post.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Per XDA forums, they have a root for Verizon up to 13B, don't think have one for M yet. Verizon is usually the last one (for any phone) to be rooted. The procedure is in the Verizon G4 Forum. Have not read the posts yet, just part of the first post.

ok.. at least there's a chance of getting the VZW G4 rooted. :)
unlike my VZW Samsung Note 5 which has no way of being rooted. :(

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

thanks!
Without root, if you want to change the function of one of the back button shortcuts (can't change the camera), download an app called Key Plus for LG G4, G3, V10.

Just make sure Quick Memo is still installed and it works like a charm.

fonejacker77

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I've got key plus and changed the volume up button double tap to activate flashlight instead of quick memo, but you can change it to whatever you like. I also disabled the auto capture function of the vol down taps in the settings as I could never remember if it was on front or rear camera and when I wanted to take a picture I was getting some bad selfies!

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
It's there a way to activate the shortcut even when the screen is on?

I don't think you can assign shortcuts to any buttons if the screen is on, otherwise you lose control of the volume level of the phone. Just activate the camera from it's Home Screen icon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non