grey squares appearing on screen

Eduards044

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Hallo,

Could not google out solution for problem. Grey transparent squares started to appear on G4 screen. They change in intensity after using any app and nearly fade away if phone switched off for a second, after appear again. They are not seen on print screen (two photos attached - printscreen without any problems and photo of phone screen). What could be a problem?

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_2016-01-12-09-22-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-12-09-22-38.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 27

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the G4 forum. :)

I wonder whether they're related to the discs sometimes visible on the Nexus 5 display....a harmless bug, possibly related to Show Touches or similar.

Also, something in Developer Options perhaps?

Eduards044

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the G4 forum. :)

I wonder whether they're related to the discs sometimes visible on the Nexus 5 display....a harmless bug, possibly related to Show Touches or similar.

Also, something in Developer Options perhaps?

Well, their position is permanent, only brightnes change while using phone (as longer screen is bright as brighter they become). And Im getting more of them. It was two yesterday and 4 now plus long thin line from side of one square. If i make screenshot they are not seen.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It might be a physical hardware issue, like the screen is starting to fail. I will admit, though, I don't recall hearing of this issue before.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not seeing them in all conditions, it might be an issue with the LCD panel.... if they were irregular splotches where the colors get a bit off, sometimes described as 'staining', that's usually a delamination issue. But regular blocks like this lead me to believe that you might be having some hardware problems with the LCD panel.

Software issues tend to manifest themselves differently... screen gets cut in half, lines of digital noise, etc. My money here is on a HW issue.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Does not feel good for phone used 2 weeks:)

Well, issues like this often pop up early on. It could be a hardware defect... it happens to every phone/make/model. These things are made in mass production and sometimes there's a microscopic fault that doesn't get picked up in quality control. That's why there are manufacturer warranties.

I'd look into putting in a claim and getting it replaced.

aprofile

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
Well, issues like this often pop up early on. It could be a hardware defect... it happens to every phone/make/model. These things are made in mass production and sometimes there's a microscopic fault that doesn't get picked up in quality control. That's why there are manufacturer warranties.

I'd look into putting in a claim and getting it replaced.

Hi,
Did you get anywhere with this thread? I am getting very similar issues with my lg q6.