Marshmallow on US Cellular

Tbill4

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Have downloaded, but not yet installed Marshmallow on my US Cellular LG G4. Waiting for others to install to see if there are any major issues before completing my install. So, how does it look?

UPDATE:

I installed the Marshmallow update late yesterday. The install went smoothly and took 20-30 minutes for the full install, apps update, etc. I don't see much difference in apperance, though it does seem the text on the home screen and a few others is smaller. The apps dock still scrolls horizontally rather than vertically as I thought was a new feature of Android 6.0. The battery went down pretty quickly following the install, but that was probably due to the time I spent on settings and just exploring everything. I'll keep an eye on it over the next several days and provide an update if there is any significant change up or down.

I did run into at least a couple of apps (so far) that didn't work and had to be replaced and/or updated. Also ran into a problem with one app in particular that would not write to the sd card. That is a particularly frustrating issue that I will pursue with the app developer.

Otherwise, so far so good. Would like to hear from anyone else who has installed the upgrade.

Last edited:

thebutler93

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
If I were you, I would be the one to install it and let everyone know since you have it now. There may not be many folks that have it yet. Be sure to write down or remember the steps you take and the responses you get, and use that in an update post. That's what I usually do!

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App