LS991 root with hotspot mod

irkorn18

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking around different forums and haven't come across anything concrete about rooting the LS991 with zv9 (marshmallow) and also with a hotspot mod like I have on my ls980 (G2). Is this possible yet?

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking around different forums and haven't come across anything concrete about rooting the LS991 with zv9 (marshmallow) and also with a hotspot mod like I have on my ls980 (G2). Is this possible yet?

I don't see any root methods for LS991 ZV9. however, I found this root theory thread that is exploring a possible method to root the device on Marshmallow: LG G4 Android 6.0 Root Theory | Sprint LG G4

You might want to keep an eye on it and see if it leads to a method. Could you roll back to a prior version, root that, then flash a rooted ZV9 ROM?

irkorn18

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. That's something I was looking into doing (previous firmware). I've been reading you cannot flash back to zv5, it'll brick the device but I have seen going back to zv6 but the method I saw looked a little sketchy to me from comparing how I used to flash with my ls980. I'll definitely keep looking because this stock zv9 is junk on my phone, and I'm contemplating going back to my g2. Anybody else see any good way to revert to zv6 or any suggestions?