Music through bluetooth skipping - the biggest mystery of Android!

Steve Elwood

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
I have found that the more processes I have going on at the same time the worse it gets. If I play Pandora for example it will skip and sputter pretty bad, but when I try to open ANYTHING else, doesn't matter what it is, the skipping and popping gets worse. WAY worse. I also had a warranty replacement of my V10 and it seemed to be fine at first but eventually got worse and worse to the point where it's unbearable to listen to anything Bluetooth. I run mine in my car but also at home on WiFi it will do the same thing on my soundbar. I've done all the troubleshooting I could find on Google but to no avail. Whatever it is, it's affecting Bluetooth functionality. Is there a way to revert back to 4.0 as Sam was having much better performance with his moto?

rjm764

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I have the answer but its not going to be popular.

First, this website blows! It takes multiple minutes just to load a web page.

Now, the problem is caused by having the WiFi and BT on at the same time. BTW, the exact same thing happens if you're using the BT phone in your car or headset. The wifi adapter keeps trying to connect to "open" access points and fails. These APs are common from all the cable providers and a lot of others that use MAC authentication. The Galaxy thinks it can just connect but can't and while this is going on, the CPU is hung so the BT adapter just stops. This keeps happening until you are either connected to an AP or out of range.

The only solution I've found is to keep the Wifi adapter turned off permanently. This will NEVER be fixed because you shut off your wifi and then EVERYTHING goes over the 4G. The carriers want you there and not on wifi.

I refuse to buy an iPhone so I am actively looking to toss my Galaxy and just go back to a flip phone.

Digitsoundz

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
I can confirm this issue has existed for me on BT 4.0 and 4.1 on a number of different Android phones including the HTC HD2, Samsung Note 2, Samsung S8+. This is also using a number of different BT headphone and speaker combinations including S305 Motorola, UrbanBeats, Sony Xav 68DT and it seems to occur on days I note a increase in emergency and police response calls in my immediate area so there are days when very little to no skipping occurs and then days where it is unbearable as I am usually multi track recording instruments into a SAW and listening through BT headphones and the skipping cause the mp3 to drag almost like a tape machine.

Zabhat

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
I think I've found the answer. I bought a bluetooth reciever and the music liberary on my Samsung worked fine. A few days later it started skipping. Changed phones. Still the same. very annoying. Then I deleted the player App and reinstalled, worked for a cpl of hrs but then back to skipping. Removed the player App and re installed another free mp3 player App same problem. But, when I use google music player that comes with the phone NO SKIPPING.Sadly google music player is very basic and has very limited options. But at least it player with out the glich. Hope this works and helps ya'll.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non