WhatsApp messages not coming through when in doze mode

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I like the idea of the doze mode but don't like the fact that I cannot get messages through whatsapp unless I pick up the phone and manually check because the doze mode wont come through. I went into the battery optimization and put a check mark to exclude WhatsApp from dozing . Messages still didn't come through. I looked and maybe the wifi needed to be excluded but checking that box didn't help either. Anyone know how I can get my WhatsApp messages to come through. By the way, I have WiFi enabled instead of mobile data for when I am at home. Not sure if that makes a difference

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
By the way, I have WiFi enabled instead of mobile data for when I am at home. Not sure if that makes a difference

Try going into Settings>Wi-Fi - you have to find the advanced Menu in there. In that Advanced Wi-Fi menu you should be able to Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep. See if that helps!

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
yes, that is true but it doesn't appear to let whatsapp come through...even with the check. It is not a big problem, just a head scratrcher

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress