blasted with notifications when I pick up my phone

Arthur P Dent

Dec 9, 2022
Visit site
I have an older Samsung S8 with Android 9 on it if that makes any difference. It does something I find really annoying. I might not look at my phone for an hour, but then when I pick it up, usually because I want to immediately do something like send a text, it will go crazy for a few minutes while it catches up with every text and IM message from other apps that have happened during that time. I don't want this. I want it to notify me as the messages come and not save them to overwhelm me later. Most of the time, I am already aware of the messages anyway as I get them on my computer. I have looked in the settings, but I can't seem to nail down what setting would control this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Any power-saving modes turned on?

Oh, and "Late? As in the Late Dentarthurdent? Sorry that's a sort of threat, you see. I've never been very good at them, but I've been told they can be terribly effective.":p

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Andriod controls this , 1 hour not interacting with your device and if u get lot of notifications in that time frame its alerting when u open the phone because it goes into a sleep mode to save battery and probably turns connection off to conserve

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29