How do you customize your Home Touch Buttons? What's been useful?

ackmondual

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Reminder that this is in Settings --> Display tab --> Home Touch Buttons --> Button Combination

So far, I've got...
* = mandatory

1) Qslide ("square" with arrows pointing inwards)
2*) task manager (square)
3*) home (circle)
4*) back (left arrow)
5) Capture+ (rounded square with a writing touching it)

Notification and Dual Window are unused

#2 through #4 being mandatory work out naturally for me, as I was going to keep them in anyways.

Qslide... I haven't really customized this, let alone used it. I take it if you were fine accessing apps via the home screen that this is just redundant?

#5... is nice for me since I like taking my fair share of screenshots. The bonus is you get to scribble hand written notes and text boxes on it prior to saving it. Still not sure if I should be saving to Gallery or the app itself.

I also noticed that I can still take a screenshot the "old fashioned" way... press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously. This can be easier to do here vs. a Galaxy s2 or s4 since I had to press the power and Home buttons simultaneously, whereas here, I can do that with just one finger by fat-fingering the physical buttons that are now on the back. If there's a way for me to save a screen like this, and "doodle" over it later on (through another app for example), I'm definitely swapping this out. Otherwise, I'm leaning towards swapping this out anyways.

I Doubt I'll use Dual Window (although TBF, I haven't tried it on this phone... only on a demo LG G5).

Notifications... I originally wondered why bother with this when you need to reach upwards to tap on Wifi, Location, and whatever else is along the 2nd from the top row anyways. Some here on And. Cent. have commented that it's one less thing for you to reach up for. Or something like that. Even if I need to tap on flashlight or wifi... I gotta agree that it's still "stretching" saved. If I don't use the Qslide soon, this is going in its stead.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I am currently at
notifications
home (circle)
back
duel screen
frequent items (square)

I moved the back button into the center so that I would easily reach it with both single hands.
I use the notifications button all the time.
Maybe I might get a little more use out of the capture+ button than the duel screen, but I don't do many screen shots and I have memo+ on my home screen.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So far, I've got...
* = mandatory

3*) home (circle)
4*) back (left arrow)
5) Capture+ (rounded square with a writing touching it)

Mine is almost the exact same, except 5) for me is notifications. I found with the top lip of my case coming so far down, it makes it harder to swipe the notification bar down even if I have two hands available. So the notification button is just more effective all around.

I love the Qslide button. It's not too customizable, but I love that I can quickly pull up something like the calculator or phone dialer without having to back out to the home screen.

Dual screen I don't use unless I click a link that opens a dual app, so that button wouldn't do anything for me. I don't take many screen shots, so I just use the back buttons for that. In the rare event I do wish to mark one up with text or lines, I have a photo editor I prefer for that.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
3*) home (circle)
4*) back (left arrow)
5) Capture+

1, 2, & 3 for me are the same.
4) is notification shade. (I have a Nova gesture for swipe down assigned to something else)
5) is the back button since I'm right handed and is my most used button.

I think when I get another brand of phone these customizable home screen buttons will be what I miss most.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non