No Nougat update for G4?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Just saw this article on AC.

Will my phone get updated to Android Nougat? Will my phone get updated to Android Nougat? | Android Central

Hard to believe we may not get 7 on this phone, just over a year after it was released as their flagship. I would think that after all the issues with this phone, it would almost be a way to make up for them. But ironically, it's possibly all the problems which will keep LG from making the effort to update it. Catch 22....

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Just saw this article on AC.

Will my phone get updated to Android Nougat? Will my phone get updated to Android Nougat? | Android Central

Hard to believe we may not get 7 on this phone, just over a year agreed it was released as their flagship. I would almost think that after all the issues with this phone, it would almost be a way to make up for them. But ironically, it's possibly all the problems which will keep LG from making the effort to update it. Catch 22....

With how many issues the G4 had I wouldn't hold your breath.

nik19605

Banned
Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
This is the reason i dumped my G4 after i had my wifes "fixed" 4 times and mine 3 times. I will never again consider a LG phone again. The reasons i went with it was for the removable battery and the SD Card slot, what i learned is the removable battery is not worth all the problems i had with these POSes. I went to the Galaxy S7 and could not be happier. Not trying to start a flame war or anything, just my 2 cents.

jaydee5799

Q&A Team
Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
This is the reason i dumped my G4 after i had my wifes "fixed" 4 times and mine 3 times. I will never again consider a LG phone again. The reasons i went with it was for the removable battery and the SD Card slot, what i learned is the removable battery is not worth all the problems i had with these POSes. I went to the Galaxy S7 and could not be happier. Not trying to start a flame war or anything, just my 2 cents.

you've got me thinking that when it's time to upgrade, i may be going that way too. I am so afraid that the G4 will freeze and disable me that when i travel i carry my old blackberry with me so that at least i can call my carrier and get some kind of service. i will start researching the Galaxy you mentioned as I had not thought of switching from LG until i started reading all the comments here on AC

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
With all the problems that plagued the G4, LG is basically going to try hard to get away from this one.

Posted via the Android Central App

nik19605

Banned
Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
you've got me thinking that when it's time to upgrade, i may be going that way too. I am so afraid that the G4 will freeze and disable me that when i travel i carry my old blackberry with me so that at least i can call my carrier and get some kind of service. i will start researching the Galaxy you mentioned as I had not thought of switching from LG until i started reading all the comments here on AC
I really like my S7, and i really dont miss the removable battery as much as i thought i would, it runs really smooth and has the sd card back that they dropped on the S6. Give it a look or if you want something bigger take a look at the note 7. I do want to emphasive that it is an "all glass" phone, so get a good case. I always use otterbox Defenders

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You know, this is Jerry's opinion. We haven't gotten official word from LG themselves. I may try to touch base with them tomorrow to see if they know anything. Has Jerry ever been wrong on anything before?

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
You know, this is Jerry's opinion. We haven't gotten official word from LG themselves. I may try to touch base with them tomorrow to see if they know anything. Has Jerry ever been wrong on anything before?

Might want to ask his wife that one!

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
There are many things to love about the G4. But its tendency to run hot is not one of them. There have been some other glitches here and there, but it's the failure to dissipate heat well that is the most glaring issue. Running hot = running slow in this world.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if there is a correlation between running hot, and the bootloop issue. My 505 hasn't boot looped, and it never seems to run hot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87