Screen Overlay Detected

Stuart Blyth

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Good afternoon all,
Is there a definitive fix/solution to this godforsaken problem?

It seems to be affecting the draw over other apps and storage permissions on my phone.

All my apps are defaulted as "draw over - yes". I've tried changing all of the apps to no, but this makes no apparent difference. I don't have the patience to try combinations - there are too many apps - unless there is a proven fix lol.

All help and advice gratefully received.

garrisonclark01

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Every time I have this pop up for a new app, I just have to say no to Facebook messenger, additive the new app, then turn messenger on again... Worked about ten times now.. It's a pain, but it has been doing the trick...

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is very annoying for sure. My Lux Dash app is always the only one I have to turn off to accept new apps or run new apps for the first time when this happens.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is very annoying for sure. My Lux Dash app is always the only one I have to turn off to accept new apps or run new apps for the first time when this happens.

Same for me. I used to be able to use "Alternate Screen Overlay" option in Lux to not turn on Screen Overlay. But it seems to work for certain OS version and not others. I really hate all those permission and settings required to run an app. It used to be that you installed an app it will run. Now you have to go thru a bunch of "Do you want to let it do.. " questions to run it the first time.

deviddevid

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Screen Overlay detected problem solved:
Follow this simple guide:
>Settings
>Apps
>Option(Three Dots)
>Click on “Draw Over Other Apps” OR “App Can Appear on Top” whichever option available in your device…
>Now list of apps whose screen overlay is enabled will appear…
>Disable /Turn Off For All App…
Then Your Problem Must Be Solved…

This is my first post on android central and I want to make my authority on Android Central..
So please review my answer....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38