anyone using this phone without a case?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I bought a case for this phone and I'm not sure I really want to use it. The phone feels so much better without it. I guess I worry about the finish getting scratched and I have dropped it a couple of times in the case. I also hate taking the case off to swap out batteries. The case I have is a two piece with a trim ring. Its not to bad but I think I'm going to switch to a one piece design so it's easier to take off.

Posted via the Android Central App

pjcruiser

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you, I like this device in my hand without a case. I use a wallet case most of the time. But do prefer it without.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you, I like this device in my hand without a case. I use a wallet case most of the time. But do prefer it without.

What kind of wallet case?. Is it difficult too remove?

Robert McF1

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I use mine without a case. I used to always put cases on my phones and take ultra care of them because I would resell them often but after using my htc m8 with a bulky case so long and deciding I wasn't ever going to resell it I stopped using them and haven't started again with my g5. I just make sure to always keep it in a pocket with nothing else in it and I am not that clumsy where I will drop it often. I've also got the hifi module installed. Unless you plan to resell are planning to have mma fights with it in your pocket or have really bad coordination there is not much need for a case. I used my htc m8 about 1 year with a case and 1 year off and it still looked good until the battery on it died.

I bought a case for this phone and I'm not sure I really want to use it. The phone feels so much better without it. I guess I worry about the finish getting scratched and I have dropped it a couple of times in the case. I also hate taking the case off to swap out batteries. The case I have is a two piece with a trim ring. Its not to bad but I think I'm going to switch to a one piece design so it's easier to take off.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I use mine without a case. I used to always put cases on my phones and take ultra care of them because I would resell them often but after using my htc m8 with a bulky case so long and deciding I wasn't ever going to resell it I stopped using them and haven't started again with my g5. I just make sure to always keep it in a pocket with nothing else in it and I am not that clumsy where I will drop it often. I've also got the hifi module installed. Unless you plan to resell are planning to have mma fights with it in your pocket or have really bad coordination there is not much need for a case. I used my htc m8 about 1 year with a case and 1 year off and it still looked good until the battery on it died.

Yeah...I took the case of my last phone and its in pretty good shape

tabberkev

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I didn't want a bulky case, but did want something to add a little grip and stop scuffs. Went for a skin from xtremeskins. It's very very thin. Picture doesn't do it justice really.

Attachments

• 8028.jpg
    8028.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 110

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I use a Dbrand carbon fiber skin and love it. It gives the phone some grip and it doesn't add any thickness to the device.

Skins are nice, however not very protective except for scuffs. In most cases that may be enough. The other concern is there have been some issues on other phones were. DBrand lifted the finish off a phone. Luckily it was a removable back and DBrand replaced it.

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I never dropped a phone or cracked a screen so a skin is great for me. I always feel a case ruins the feel of the phone. What's the point of buying a thin and light phone if you're just going to cover it with a case that adds bulk and weight?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I never dropped a phone or cracked a screen so a skin is great for me. I always feel a case ruins the feel of the phone. What's the point of buying a thin and light phone if you're just going to cover it with a case that adds bulk and weight?

I tend too go with a minimal case

Stephen33

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I haven't used a case with any phone since my Galaxy S3 three years ago.. But, I do use a Flygrip and it eliminates all needs for a case. Doubles as a portrait or landscape mode kickstand, and when I've got my fingers in the Flygrip, I never fear about dropping it!

CSOReaper

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
I like phones with no case as well, but I would never consider it for long. I have the Spigen Tough Armor on mine.

This phone will scratch badly if you drop it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Very expensive, however my main concern is how hard is that to take off to swap batteries?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I was looking at the lifeproof for when I'm on the water. Not sure about it yet. Mixed reviews. Guess I'll just grab one and return it if need be.

Looking at the pictures on their website, it looks like the finger print scanner / power button isn't covered?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo