Send emails and texts to saved contact groups?

jwerner74

May 25, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a problem specific to the G6, but since that is the phone I have, I figured I would start in this forum.

So I have some different groups existing in my contacts (they were created in Gmail on a PC). I want to be able to send an email or text to members of these groups, without having to type in each person's name every time. I can't seem to figure out how to do that. From poking around the web, it looks like in older versions of Android, and/or other manufacturer/carrier implementations (I am on Verizon), there was an option that once inside the group, you could press the 3-dot menu, and there was an option for sending an email or text to the group. I don't see that here (Only options are Edit Group, Delete Group, and Share; Share simply creates a message with the group's vcard attached, it doesn't share a message to the group), and within either the Gmail or Message+ apps, typing the name of the group does nothing, it is not recognized. I just switched from a Nokia Lumia 928 (I think I was the last Windows Phone user in the world!), and sending group messages was quite easy on that platform. I use this feature extensively for communicating with the parents of the youth softball players I coach, so I need to figure out how to do this on my G6 very quickly.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch