emojis and update

emilychaffee57

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Does anybody know how i can see emojis sent from an iphone on texting but also on twitter, instagram ect?! Also my phone softwear is 4.0.4 when can i get the update for 4.1? I have the lg lucid phone. Please help!!:)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
Does anybody know how i can see emojis sent from an iphone on texting but also on twitter, instagram ect?! Also my phone softwear is 4.0.4 when can i get the update for 4.1? I have the lg lucid phone. Please help!!:)
Welcome to the forums! It looks like the Lucid will stay on ICS, or 4.0.4. Whether is technically feasible to handle 4.1+ I'm not really sure. But it looks like LG is not going to update the device past 4.0.4.

Regarding the Emojis, you should be able to see these on social media. Text messages may be a different thing and Emojis might not show if being sent from an iPhone.

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If you download a texting/SMS replacement app like GO SMS and Textra, all you have to do is download the Emoji plugins for either app and you'll have access to all iOS Emojis in a heartbeat.

Android currently doesn't allow for Emojis to be fully integrated into the on screen keyboard, which means that unfortunately, you can often see (but not access for your own use) emojis in tweets or Instagram posts. I hear that Android 4.3, the newest software release, may solve this problem, but it's unclear (as is unclear whether the Lucid will even get that update on your carrier or period).

But not too much of a big deal - I'm willing to sacrifice Emoji functionality on Twitter and Instagram as long as I have access to it when texting. GO SMS and Textra (with separate emoji plugin apps) are perfect in that regard - and I would highly recommend both.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

tigereyes7088

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
So is this the only way to get rid of those UGLY Droid Smilies? I hate those. And I tried downloading the Verizon Messenger App and it keeps causing my phone to crash and then say please wait while loading is complete, or something like that. Any ideas?