Messaging sounds / notifications not working on wife's lg ogp

TTheInfamous1

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
All of a sudden my wife's messaging sounds and notifications aren't working. No alert comes through and no pop up notification. I've checked her settings and those things are turned on in messenger settings. Anyone else have this issue? I searched around and didn't find any answers.

Any help is appreciated. She never knows if she has a message.

EDIT: Did some more digging and found a thread about the same issue. I followed what was suggested by going into apps mannager>>all tab>> scroll to messenger>>> under app info and under force stop making sure show notifications is checked. Still didn't work. Also powered downed and restarted. Still nothing. Also this is not a third party messaging app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Try changing the alert sounds and see if they work. If so, fine. If not, you may want to try clearing data/cache for the messaging apps. Those are found in Settings/Apps/All then find the app and clear data/cache. Let me know if that works. Does her phone ring when you call, by the way?

TTheInfamous1

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Try changing the alert sounds and see if they work. If so, fine. If not, you may want to try clearing data/cache for the messaging apps. Those are found in Settings/Apps/All then find the app and clear data/cache. Let me know if that works. Does her phone ring when you call, by the way?

Tried that. Also tried to clear cache but it was grayed out. I haven't tried to clear data yet though. I'll give that a shot and post back

EDIT: Yes her phone rings

Last edited:

TTheInfamous1

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
So I just realized something when I restart her phone. Usually on the power up thec and the at&t globe comes up there's usually the at&t logo tone. That doesn't happen anymore either. Checked volume, messenger settings and everything possible. Nothing works! I don't know what else to do.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If clearing data does not work, it's hard reset time.
[TIP]Before you perform the reset, download Helium from the Play Store. Use it to back up all the apps that are UNRELATED to messaging. This should not affect your SD card, so don't worry about that.[/TIP]
After you're backed up, go ahead and reset the phone. When you're done, make sure you download Helium again (it'll be gone) and restore using your backup files. Let me know how that works.

TTheInfamous1

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
[TIP]Before you perform the reset, download Helium from the Play Store. Use it to back up all the apps that are UNRELATED to messaging. This should not affect your SD card, so don't worry about that.[/TIP]
After you're backed up, go ahead and reset the phone. When you're done, make sure you download Helium again (it'll be gone) and restore using your backup files. Let me know how that works.

Thanks. Yea we're going to do that tonight when she gets back. In the meantime v I'm going to continue searching around. I'll post back up.

TTheInfamous1

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

We had to do a hard reset. Everything is working now. The only thing she wanted to back up were photos and that was simple. All is good now so far.