Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

if yha got the one with the belt clip how does it hold up and does it come apart easily?

Quote Originally Posted by realmeister View Post
    Just ordered one, now less than $5.00. That's only one cheap lunch wasted if it stinks! ;D

Hope it's cool to link ot an eBay auction:

I just got that same one in the mail. Not sure if I'll use it though, I may want a more hard rubber style one.
    Decent enough, but looks and feels like it'll break apart if dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by cheezeit View Post
    I bought my case off ebay for 6 bucks shipped. It's a smoked hard plastic case. Fits really well and feels of good quality. Also got a screen protector for a buck.

that's a pretty unobtrusive looking case. I like it.

Does anyone know of any cases that are thinner even than the hard plastic one posted in this thread? I'm mostly concerned about scratch protection, not so much impact protection (knock on wood).

ROM
    STOCK rooted

Default Zagg skins

Quote Originally Posted by nealoc187 View Post
    Does anyone know of any cases that are thinner even than the hard plastic one posted in this thread? I'm mostly concerned about scratch protection, not so much impact protection (knock on wood).
    Zagg skins are great. customizable too.

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

I received a pair of ebay hard cases last week, one is the smoked plastic and the other one of the rubberized ones with a design. Working great for scratch protection (already have some good scratches on the case, and the fit is perfect. The only minor gripe I have is that, obviously because it's cheap, the outer edges don't quite meet up flush, so there's a slight ridge around some of the phones edges. it's more pronounced on my wife's rubberized one but present on both. The $20 ones likely don't have this problem. But for $5 shipped each, it doesn't bother me. Just figured I'd report it in case out would bother one of you fine folks.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

I had these for my HERO, works good. Better than plastic (scratches).

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Hey how does that tpu case feel? Can you compare it to a silicon case? They seem like they'd be former than silicon, and thinner than both silicon and hard plastic. Might be just the compromise between the two I'm looking for.

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Well I took a chance and ordered the TPU case. Should be here in a week or two and I'll report back on how it goes. I think the thinner stature and the slight flexibility will allow the phone to fit snugly into the iPhone 3G cradle I bought for it (check the cradle thread). Right now with the hard plastic case it's a little too tight. It would work with a bit of sanding or heat-distortion, but I'll try the TPU case first.

Get a after-market case, not the Sprint case. I got two and both have issues with the area around the micro usb port. It makes the BB charger I use and the LC cable that came with the phone both be very loose as neither seat completely into the micro usb port. I'm already looking at a different case for my fiancées' and my phones.
    Gregg, w9awx
    Waukesha, WI
    LG Optimus S
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

Buttons are harder than my other TPU case, makes pressing the power button difficult.
    Solution -> Lock Screen Widget

But volume buttons are still hard..

Fit is tight and slim.

Last edited by mxl180; 01-03-2011 at 07:44 PM.

how does the tpu feel in pockets? i had a problem wit the silicone ones because it would stick to my pockets and when i take my phone out it would drag my pockets out with it. The hard case is much better as it slides in/out wit no resistance. how does the tpu compare?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holangja1 View Post
    how does the tpu feel in pockets? i had a problem wit the silicone ones because it would stick to my pockets and when i take my phone out it would drag my pockets out with it. The hard case is much better as it slides in/out wit no resistance. how does the tpu compare?
    it doesn't stick like rubber, doesn't collect lint either.

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Got my tpu case today and it fits well. Nice and slim. The texture is smooth but flexible. The perfect mix of a hard and a silicon case. Does not stick in the pocket.

The buttons are covered but line up well. No problems here pressing them. I can even still depress the camera shutter button halfway to auto focus.

My only complaint was that the charging port hole wasn't aligned well so none of my cables would connect properly. I had to modify the case by cutting the hole a little larger using a hot blade. this would have been a major problem had I not been comfortable with taking a blade to it. Not sure if they're all like this or if it's just mine, but the warning is here anyway.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmags View Post
    Got my tpu case today and it fits well. Nice and slim. The texture is smooth but flexible. The perfect mix of a hard and a silicon case. Does not stick in the pocket.
    Where did you get the holster?

ROM
    Stock

Does anyone have the Body Glove with the kickstand from the store here? I like the idea but it appears a little bulky. Any thoughts?

ROM
    HydroROM Beta2

Quote Originally Posted by DC88 View Post
    Which body glove did you all get? There is one with a belt clip, and there is one without the clip, (see pics). I can't decide which one to get. Helps for sharing.
    I have the one without the clip (don't like phone on my hip). I like the case, I wish it had a smooth back instead of the rubbery back, but it doesn't catch or drag my pocket so i have no functional complaints, just style. Its open all along the bottom so pluging in the USB is not an issue. Same for the button areas. It works and does what its supposed to... protect my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by DC88 View Post
    Which body glove did you all get? There is one with a belt clip, and there is one without the clip, (see pics). I can't decide which one to get. Helps for sharing.
    I just ordered the one with the belt clip (Body Glove model 9167101) off eBay for $17. I like the fact that it doubles as a rotatable kickstand and is removable. Best of both worlds. Will post detailed pics once I get it, if anyone's interested.

As much as I feel that a clip-on-the-belt case/holster is ultra dorky, I often have no other choice (especially when wearing jeans to work, which is just about every day).

The Glove Snap-On case offers revolutionary protection in the ultimate custom fit phone case. This case features a durable hard shell wrapped in a textured glove material that is easy to grip and protects your LG Optimus S LS670 from scratches. This case comes with Body Glove patented all-in-one clip system, which includes a removable knob for a low profile and a rapid release clip with an adjustable built-in kickstand. This allows your phone to be worn on your belt, propped up with the kickstand, or slipped into your pocket effortlessly! This case allows for access to all controls along with the charging port.

Key Specifications/Special Features:

* Durable hard shell wrapped in a textured glove material
    * Ultimate custom fit for maximum protection
    * Removable knob for a low profile
    * Adjustable kickstand built into clip
    * Kickstand allows for multiple viewing angles
    Last edited by TigerDave; 01-19-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I can't find a TPU case anywhere, anyone have a link? Also, has anyone tried this...

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

That link appears to be a solid black TPU case. It looks exactly like the one I have but solid black rather than smoke clear.

I got mine on ebay for cheap. Just search "LG Optimus S TPU" and you'll find all sorts of colors/designs, many for under $5 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by duffeymt View Post
    I can't find a TPU case anywhere, anyone have a link? Also, has anyone tried this...

I bought that one off ebay for 5 bucks, I like it except it usually takes me 2-3 times before I hit the power button every other button works good and my usb cable fits perfect.

Also bought some cheap screen protector off ebay for 2 bucks does its job.

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Default Optimus Cases...Any good ones out there?

I was just wondering if there is a nice looking case for this phone. Everything I find is a silicone thing and I really don't like those or the hardened plastic ones. Too bad Otterbox doesn't make one.

Let me know if you know of anything!

Thanks!

Global Posts
    528 Global Posts

I don't understand the purpose of these cases. They just make the phone fatter and don't protect the screen...the one vulnerable area. I much prefer a screen protector and an otherwise naked phone.

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreynothing43 View Post
    I was just wondering if there is a nice looking case for this phone. Everything I find is a silicone thing and I really don't like those or the hardened plastic ones. Too bad Otterbox doesn't make one.

Let me know if you know of anything!

Thanks!
    So far, what I've seen is the following:

- Standard soft silicon cases in any color imaginable.
    - TPU cases (flexible plastic) in similar style to silicon cases, few colors, argyle or bubble pattern - and maybe one solid black one.
    - Hard plastic cases in any of a bunch of colors or patterns.
    - BodyGlove case with integrated kickstand (sold here).
    - Full body screen protector material.
    - Any of a dozen generic one-size-fits-all sleeves, leather holsters, and such.

Anyone seen anything else that will fit these phones?

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    I don't understand the purpose of these cases. They just make the phone fatter and don't protect the screen...the one vulnerable area. I much prefer a screen protector and an otherwise naked phone.
    The case is primarily for drop/bump protection, and to keep the rest of the phone body protected from scratches while the screen protector does its job on the business end. Some folks also like that they can spruce up the design of the phone (for example, my wife has a very bubbly pattern adorning her phone's case which makes it quite unique - she loves it). Mine allows me to fit it snugly into a car dock that's designed for an iPhone. To each his own.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast