Adw launcher forecloses on Cyanogenmod 7

scottypeterson

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the cyanogenmod for a few days now. I decided to benchmark it and then I restored the Reborn 2.2.2 and benchmarked it as well, lol was just curious and wanted to compare the two. But when I went back and restored cyanogenmod it booted up and everything works great except the Adw Launcher that's already installed keeps foreclosing, it's done it twice the past few hours so it's not a real big deal but I'm just wandering if that's a bad thing or what?

Sent from my Optimus S CM7

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Force closes are always a bad thing, we don't want those :p

Honestly I have no idea exactly why you are getting force closes, but maybe try reflashing the ROM?

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the cyanogenmod for a few days now. I decided to benchmark it and then I restored the Reborn 2.2.2 and benchmarked it as well, lol was just curious and wanted to compare the two. But when I went back and restored cyanogenmod it booted up and everything works great except the Adw Launcher that's already installed keeps foreclosing, it's done it twice the past few hours so it's not a real big deal but I'm just wandering if that's a bad thing or what?

Sorry since this isn't answering your question, but which ROM benchmarked better? I'm really curious...

EDIT: Try doing a clean flash of CM7, by wiping everything. Also, if you're coming from another ROM, you should flash the Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip file first (found in Scott Pilgrim OP), and then proceed to flash the ROM and then GAPPS.

scottypeterson

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Cyanogenmod benched 1153 and Reborn was 614. Quiet a big difference lol. So I can use the zip that's found in Scott Pilgrim cyanogenmod and use it in this newer cyanogenmod?

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
What all do i wipe when I do a clean wipe?

Well do a Nandroid, and if you can do a Titanium Backup of your apps. Then wipe data and cache. Then go into Advanced and wipe Dalvik. then go into Mounts and Storage and format Boot, System, Data, and Cache. Then flash zips.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
What all do i wipe when I do a clean wipe?

Well do a Nandroid, and if you can do a Titanium Backup of your apps. Then wipe data and cache. Then go into Advanced and wipe Dalvik. then go into Mounts and Storage and format Boot, System, Data, and Cache. Then flash zips.

And flash this:
http://db.tt/SI1Vwx2
after wiping and prior to flashing. Its the debug system format zip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress