Breaking my Nova Addiction

MK Redding

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
My 1st relapse. For some reason One UI 5 is freezing and crashing on me. Nova seems to be operating fine at the moment and since I cant track down what the One UI issue is I'm back on Nova until I can resolve the issue. Clearing the cash hasn't netted anything and I think I may be at the point that a factory reset is in order. I'll try clearing the data as well to see if that helps although a reset with the new OS is not a bad idea in general. I will say that in most areas it exceeded my expectations. But that app drawer is hideous!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
My 1st relapse. For some reason One UI 5 is freezing and crashing on me. Nova seems to be operating fine at the moment and since I cant track down what the One UI issue is I'm back on Nova until I can resolve the issue. Clearing the cash hasn't netted anything and I think I may be at the point that a factory reset is in order. I'll try clearing the data as well to see if that helps although a reset with the new OS is not a bad idea in general. I will say that in most areas it exceeded my expectations. But that app drawer is hideous!
Are you using any different widget or icon pack in One UI?

MK Redding

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
That will be part of my process. unfortunately I just haven't had the time to investigate sort of have to wait till Saturday. I'll delete the home data 1st see where that takes me. All else fails the big red button.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That's what I like about Nova,I could take it from phone to phone and not have to change things, have the same set up regardless of phone you have. Another great feature, you can back up your Nova settings and restore them on new phone, an amazing time saver.

Nova mastered gestures a long time ago, way before Google thought of it.

Stock has gotten a lot better over the years, that I agree with. If you are using stock make sure to check out good lock, that adds more options to the launcher plus others options. I'm on the fence about going back to Nova, I do like the task bar on stock, but is it enough??

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk
I am using Goodlock with Nova.
Maybe not to it's full potential, but I don't know what I'm missing.

If I were to give the Samsung launcher a try, how would I restore my Nova layout on the Samsung launcher?
I'm guessing that's a no go.
I can't imagine how long it would take to set it up manually and I'd have to use screenshots or something.
First world problems