[How-To] Manual Rooting of LS670ZVH/ZVJ (+ links to root ZVD/ZV9)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH

here you go i took a screenshot to show you what i get when i scan the .zip
Can you click on "Details"?

I think it is complaining about rage/rageagainstthecage. This is a root exploit executable that runs on your phone, not your PC. In some sense some might consider it mal-ware since it roots your phone, but that is exactly what you want to happen in this case.

I'm not using security essentials but when I scan the zip nothing is flagged.

You can try scanning the zip file in the ZVC root thread and see if you get the same warning. These are the same root exploit executables.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-guide-rooting-software-version-ls670zvc.html

username4040

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Can you click on "Details"?

I think it is complaining about rage/rageagainstthecage. This is a root exploit executable that runs on your phone, not your PC. In some sense some might consider it mal-ware since it roots your phone, but that is exactly what you want to happen in this case.

I'm not using security essentials but when I scan the zip nothing is flagged.

You can try scanning the zip file in the ZVC root thread and see if you get the same warning. These are the same root exploit executables.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-guide-rooting-software-version-ls670zvc.html

Category: Exploit

Description: This program is dangerous and exploits the computer on which it is run.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer. You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them (not recommended). To access these files, select the Allow action and click Apply actions. If this option is not available, log on as administrator or ask the security administrator for help.

Items:
containerfile:C:\Users\Delano\Desktop\zvhroot.zip
containerfile:C:\Users\Delano\Desktop\zvhroot.zip.crdownload
file:C:\Users\Delano\Desktop\zvhroot.zip->zvhroot/copy2sd/000root/rage
file:C:\Users\Delano\Desktop\zvhroot.zip.crdownload->zvhroot/copy2sd/000root/rage

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Items:
containerfile:C:\Users\Delano\Desktop\zvhroot.zip
containerfile:C:\Users\Delano\Desktop\zvhroot.zip.crdownload
file:C:\Users\Delano\Desktop\zvhroot.zip->zvhroot/copy2sd/000root/rage
file:C:\Users\Delano\Desktop\zvhroot.zip.crdownload->zvhroot/copy2sd/000root/rage
Yes, that is a false positive. That executable cannot run on Intel processors. It can only run on ARM processors like the one that is on your phone. There is no way that file can damage your PC. The only way it will damage your phone is if, after getting root, you decide to do something bad like run ROM manager.

Security Essentials should come back with the same complaint with the ZVC root package in the link I provided above.

username4040

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Yes, that is a false positive. That executable cannot run on Intel processors. It can only run on ARM processors like the one that is on your phone. There is no way that file can damage your PC. The only way it will damage your phone is if, after getting root, you decide to do something bad like run ROM manager.

Security Essentials should come back with the same complaint with the ZVC root package in the link I provided above.

oh okay thanks! just making sure :D

username4040

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

okay so whenever i type in install.bat i get this error C:\zvhroot>install.bat

C:\zvhroot>adb push copy2sd /sdcard/
push: copy2sd/000root/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img -> /sdcard/000root/xionia_cwma_125
18.6.img
failed to copy 'copy2sd/000root/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img' to '/sdcard/000root/xio
nia_cwma_12518.6.img': Permission denied

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

okay so whenever i type in install.bat i get this error C:\zvhroot>install.bat

C:\zvhroot>adb push copy2sd /sdcard/
push: copy2sd/000root/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img -> /sdcard/000root/xionia_cwma_125
18.6.img
failed to copy 'copy2sd/000root/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img' to '/sdcard/000root/xio
nia_cwma_12518.6.img': Permission denied
Please confirm:
1) booted into Android (rather than recovery)
2) sdcard is installed
3) USB debugging ENABLED
4) USB storage mode DISABLED

Last edited:

username4040

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Are you booted into Android (rather than recovery) and do you have an sdcard installed?

i took out the sd card when i factory rest the phone so it wouldn't let me access the memory card so i rebooted and it worked and i'm guessing after that i have to apply update.zip blindly?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

i took out the sd card when i factory rest the phone so it wouldn't let me access the memory card so i rebooted and it worked and i'm guessing after that i have to apply update.zip blindly?
If you have the new LCD, then either you need to use Android Screencast or you can do it blindly. For this particular section, it is probably easier to just do it blindly. I provided screenshots so you can visualize what you are doing.

username4040

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

If you have the new LCD, then either you need to use Android Screencast or you can do it blindly. For this particular section, it is probably easier to just do it blindly. I provided screenshots so you can visualize what you are doing.

ok so i did it blindly cause i have the new lcd but when i type in $ ./rage it's not found

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

ok so i did it blindly cause i have the new lcd but when i type in $ ./rage it's not found
The $ and # signs are not meant to be typed in. They just indicate whether you are root or not. Ignore them and type (or paste) the text after those characters.

Also you need to type those commands inside of an "adb shell" session. Don't forget the "cd /sdcard/000root"

Curious, were you able to perform step #3 with no errors?

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

In step 3, what are each of the 2 files (Flash Image and Recovery Image)supposed to do?
Is the step 4 going to update the baseband to the latest to VH??

Also, I'm on drew's CM7 with redux kernel and my baseband version says unknown.
Is it still safe to use this method to update my baseband before flashing gROM???

username4040

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

The $ and # signs are not meant to be typed in. They just indicate whether you are root or not. Ignore them and type (or paste) the text after those characters.

Also you need to type those commands inside of an "adb shell" session. Don't forget the "cd /sdcard/000root"

Curious, were you able to perform step #3 with no errors?

i accidentally closed cmd when it was done with the update.zip but i opened cmd and typed in adb shell and $ came up and then i type in cd /sdcard/000root and it came back as cd /sdcard/000root and then i type in ./rage and it comes up ./rage: not found and i knew that already.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

In step 3, what are each of the 2 files (Flash Image and Recovery Image)supposed to do?
Step #3 will flash the stock V9 Recovery onto your phone. Without this, you won't be able to root your ZVH Android.

Is the step 4 going to update the baseband to the latest to VH??
Yes

Also, I'm on drew's CM7 with redux kernel and my baseband version says unknown.
Is it still safe to use this method to update my baseband before flashing gROM???
Yes, just make sure Step #3 completes with no errors and you do Step #5, performing a factory reset.

Reactions: Invincible Madness

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

i accidentally closed cmd when it was done with the update.zip but i opened cmd and typed in adb shell and $ came up and then i type in cd /sdcard/000root and it came back as cd /sdcard/000root and then i type in ./rage and it comes up ./rage: not found and i knew that already.
Please do this from within "adb shell" and post output
cd /sdcard
/system/bin/ls -l

username4040

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Please do this from within "adb shell" and post output

$ cd /sdcard
cd /sdcard
$ /system/bin/ls -l
/system/bin/ls -l
drwxrwxrwx root root 2011-08-13 04:39 clockworkmod
drwxrwxrwx root root 2011-08-17 11:54 LOST.DIR
drwxrwxrwx root root 2011-09-16 16:22 tmp
drwxrwxrwx root root 2011-09-16 04:39 Android
drwxrwxrwx root root 2011-09-16 16:52 DCIM
drwxrwxrwx root root 2011-09-16 04:39 data
drwxrwxrwx root root 2011-09-16 22:24 000root
-rwxrwxrwx root root 20672490 2011-09-16 22:11 update.zip
drwxrwxrwx root root 2011-09-13 07:20 download
drwxrwxrwx root root 2011-09-10 04:37 Music
drwxrwxrwx root root 2011-09-16 04:38 Mods
-rwxrwxrwx root root 26172 2010-11-17 13:56 flash_image
-rwxrwxrwx root root 4960256 2011-03-17 16:27 xionia_cwma_12518.6.img
$

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Thanks sfhub :) Sorry for being repetitive but, just making sure that I don't brick the only phone I have.
I didnt get that cleared enough? there are 2 files in step 3. which one will flash stock V9 recovery (probably recovery image), then what does the other do (flash image). sorry about too many questions :-X

So to summarize quickly, i need to
1. flash V9 recovery.
2. update baseband to VH
3. factory reset
4. root ZVH
5. flash custom revocery
5. flash gROM

is it right? apart form backing up everingthing in the beginning?
also, if i want to update my PRL and profile, when do i do that? On ZVH or on gROM? and which one first if that matters(prl or profile)