Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by foltz61 View Post
    Looks like deep sleep was fixed somewhere between beta1 and the 7/8 nightly. Attachment 29940

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Mine must be going into super deep sleep its been off the charger since 6am, and its 4:50 now. I know the phone has been on way longer than 53 minutes......

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS (ZVD)-uploadfromtaptalk1341867068376.jpg  

Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS (ZVD)

I noticed in the latest Nightly that the power menu issue is sort of fixed... It still pops up twice but it closes the first popup before it pops up the second time, It seems like the double feedback has something to do with it because it pops up with each feedback

Edit: Also another thing I have noticed even in previous builds is that when you have it plugged into the computer during boot USB toggle bypasses the lock screen sometimes completely meaning that when you click out of USB toggle it doesn't even show the lock screen it takes you to the home screen
    Last edited by duffieldj1; 07-09-2012 at 08:55 PM.

ROM
    Quattrimus ICS (CM9)

ok, a question and a bug report (yes, I know it's a beta but I figure this at least helps a bit {even though it's so small and more than likely minor that no-one else even really cares, it could be an easy fix or it could be impossible)

Question: On the Nightly Builds, am I able to just "Dirty Flash" those on top of the rom I already have, or am I gonna have to wipe everything each time I want an "upgrade" to the WIP?

Report: Although this is small, figured it's worth reporting. After I installed Google Voice, I noticed an option to play voice-mail in the call log. I tried to do it, and it would load it up like it's going to, but when I hit play, it just sits there. It's not frozen cause I can do anything else, it just stays at 00:00 and the play button turns to pause. If left longer than 5 seconds it FCs the app with no popup or anything.

I can listen to them in the Google Voice app, but I figured maybe this was known, or maybe since it happened to be something user and app specific (a set of variables in order to replicate said "bug" ) that perhaps it maybe wasn't known. Just letting you know..

Also, I changed my DPI to 320 (smallest I can get) and it looks nice, but some widgets still have a cutaway or layover that goes off the screen in certain parts. And no matter what the status bar is always too small no matter what I change the DPI to. The icons just seem more miniaturized than normal and the widgets just seem out of place at times. Is this perhaps because the OS was designed for larger screens in mind and it's just something to adapt to, or is this a problem that I'm having with something?

Quote Originally Posted by NyhtShade View Post
    Also, I changed my DPI to 320 (smallest I can get) and it looks nice, but some widgets still have a cutaway or layover that goes off the screen in certain parts. And no matter what the status bar is always too small no matter what I change the DPI to. The icons just seem more miniaturized than normal and the widgets just seem out of place at times. Is this perhaps because the OS was designed for larger screens in mind and it's just something to adapt to, or is this a problem that I'm having with something?
    Well There is no way you changed the DPI correctly because 320 DPI on our screen would be extremely big, If you want to change DPI I would recommend using the LCD Density Modder on the market and for your issue with things fitting on the screen, that's not a bug that is just because of how small the screen is, to get things to fit you have to either wait and see if TDM can somehow mod it so that things are smaller and can fit, wait for the developers of CM9 and/or AOKP to perfect the rom for our screen size, or you have to change the DPI to a small value like 130; but if you change the DPI to a smaller value the status bar will only get smaller and you will run into issues with your phone app and market... The market issue is easily fixable but the phone app isn't, the only way that I think you could get a custom DPI to be fully compatible without any glitches in the phone app is if the build of ICS was built for our phone at 120 DPI, but even then it's highly likely that we would run into issues with other things not working

Is anybody else having issues when attempting to reboot into recovery on CM9? When I try to reboot into recovery, the system usually just reboots. I either have to try a second time or do the battery pull/home+volume down+power to reboot into recovery. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the bluetooth toggle because, as I type, it occurs to me that it occurs when bluetooth is on (even if not connected/paired).

If this hasn't already been figured out, video recording and why it wont play in gallery, It's either hardware acceleration or the software decoding of the gallery app because I noticed that I can get MPEG4 codec videos to play in the gallery but not H.264, and I believe H.264 is the codec use to code recorded videos, so that's why they don't play

Edit: Maybe even a possible kernel problem?
    Thanked by:
    "The Button Pusher"

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice - CM9 kraven

Quote Originally Posted by duffieldj1 View Post
    If this hasn't already been figured out, video recording and why it wont play in gallery, It's either hardware acceleration or the software decoding of the gallery app because I noticed that I can get MPEG4 codec videos to play in the gallery but not H.264, and I believe H.264 is the codec use to code recorded videos, so that's why they don't play

Edit: Maybe even a possible kernel problem?
    Try editing init.d and build.prop..

MAY help.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickAkridge View Post
    Try editing init.d and build.prop..

MAY help.

Edit:

Well I googled a few things and found out that software decoder is used for MPEG-4 codded videos so the problem is hardware acceleration... but as far as editing init.d and build.prop I have no idea how to do that... I'm just trying to help find issues and possible solutions
    Last edited by duffieldj1; 07-09-2012 at 11:52 PM.

ROM
    CM10 (Deck) 10/29

I'm going to grab the latest nightly to check out that deep sleep. Also noticed in the changelog that there was a note at the bottom about "continuous-picture focus mode" being added. Anyone have any clue what that could be about?
    Last edited by acromack; 07-09-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Deep sleep seems to be working well on the latest aokp nightly. I was already getting awesome battery life on aokp, can't wait to see how it is since this seems to be fixed!

Nice job, tdm. :thumbup:
    Thanked by:
    tdm 

ROM
    tdm's AOKP ICS

Earlier today, I tried dirty flashing the latest nightly over beta 1 AOKP. Wiped /system and /cache only. For some reason, whenever I dirty flash CM9/AOKP, it breaks Titanium Backup. I get a "Unfortunately, Titanium Backup has stopped." message at every boot. So I tried uninstalling/reinstalling TB. Unfortunately, upon trying to reinstall, Google Play / apk installer kept telling me that there wasn't enough space. This was a little strange, as I had about 60mb free on the /data partition (I don't have sd-ext so my /data partition is still on the phone with AOKP). The only way I could reinstall TB was by installing it to the SD card through ADB

Code:
    adb install -s C:\android\tb5103.apk
    Weird, right?

Also, while on the latest nightly, the device kept getting very hot for some reason. All I was doing was using Facebook Messenger over 3G and texting. However, maybe this was just because I was using Messenger heavily over 3G? I don't know....

I flashed back to my Beta 1 nandroid....maybe I'll give the nightly another go...
    #sarcasm

ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

Did the 7 10 aokp nightly build fail?

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    Did the 7 10 aokp nightly build fail?

Yes, they renamed one of their github repos and that broke my build. I fixed it and it's building now.

ROM
    Quattrimus ICS (CM9)

Concerned about something. I partitioned my SD Card to have 4GB of EXT space.. using FreeSpace and Titanium Backup I can see that a majority of apps are there. Not all, but a good majority. BUT, I was under the impression that with SD EXT I can have just about all the apps that aren't system on the EXT partition.

Now I believe that /data/apps is a symbolic link to /sd-ext/apps since they're both the exact same size and the amount of space there is a lot higher than my internal space limit, but all of a sudden I've run out of space on internal (which is why I'm here asking if I've done something wrong) , and my EXT said I still have plenty of space on the EXT part.

after moving some apps to my SD Card I was able to get my amount of space to 42MB free, but what confuses me is according to FreeSpace, my EXT shows all 3844 of the SD-EXT and lists only 814MB of it as used reporting back that only 21% of it is being used. I used to see a space option that listed space as -302579 or something among those lines. I can't seem to find that anymore. Is this to be expected and I understood SD-EXT wrong, or is this something that broke and I can fix it with a fresh flash and reinstalling my apps.. I read somewhere I think that Quattrimus won't use the sd-ext for space unless the /data/apps was empty, but both are full

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by tdm View Post
    Yes, they renamed one of their github repos and that broke my build. I fixed it and it's building now.
    That's kinda dumb. What repo did they rename?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #91  
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

The script used to do the sd-ext magic is, from what I gather, very similar to something called mount2sd. It mounts /sd-ext/app on top of /data/app. This means anything in /data/app is effectively hidden from view. And this is why it refuses to do the mount when /data/app is not empty. Same with dalvik but the script doesn't care about hiding existing dex files.

The best way to see what's going on is to run a shell (either via adb or on the phone itself) and run the mount command. Just type mount and press enter. You are only interested in the first two columns/fields. The first is the mount device and the second is the mount point.

The first thing to note is the mount point /sd-ext. It should be mounted on device /dev/block/mmcblk0p2. Then, under that, you should see /data/dalvik-cache and /data/app also mounted on /dev/block/mmcblk0p2. These are the overlying mounts (the mount2sd magic). If you don't see one or more of these, something is not working properly.
    Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #92  
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    That's kinda dumb. What repo did they rename?
    They renamed vendor_aokp to vendor_aokp_ics. and created a new vendor_aokp repo. I presume this is preparation for jellybean. But I don't understand why they didn't just make a jellybean branch. Clearly it was not a mistake because of commit.

ROM
    Stock

Not sure if I am over-looking a setting (CM9), but usually I run on wifi a lot and I make sure the "sleep" setting is set to "never" when the screen is off. However, I noticed when I have my screen off for a good period of time, when I turn it back on wifi starts to re-connect. This causes me to get delayed notifications from facebook/gmail/twitter/etc, I'll unlock and then I get everything.

...on a positive note, I've never got facebook push-notifications till this ROM...TOO COOL!!!! Thanks TDM!!!
    Thanked by:
    tdm 

Quote Originally Posted by tlrsax54 View Post
    Not sure if I am over-looking a setting (CM9), but usually I run on wifi a lot and I make sure the "sleep" setting is set to "never" when the screen is off. However, I noticed when I have my screen off for a good period of time, when I turn it back on wifi starts to re-connect. This causes me to get delayed notifications from facebook/gmail/twitter/etc, I'll unlock and then I get everything.
    I have seen this same behavior on my own phone. As an aside it also causes Gtalk to lose connectivity on my end, yet show me as connected for those on my contact list. Which then causes them to send me a message which I do not get till I look at my phone.

I should note that this has been a problem with every ICS version I have had installed to my phone dating back to the early stable days of CAI.

For the time being I just turn off Wifi and use 3g as 3g does not seem to be effected by long periods of the phone screen being off.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Quattrimus ICS (CM9)

After doing some digging, I found out the cause of my internal space issue. While the APK's are in fact in sd-ext/apps (the symlink in data/apps kept throwing me off, but I figured it out) the lib and .db files are still in /data/apps. I'm not sure if it's even possible to move those since I can't even find them except when I'm using DiskUsage. Anybody know about how to help with that? I'm gonna clear some space, take a fresh nandroid image, clear the dalvik, and try some theories; but if anyone has any tips, shoot away. (And thanks to TDM for the shell trick. Took me off-guard to see a UNIX-type shell on my phone and I then remembered these are built from linux, in fact I think this phone's original stock ROM was built from Ubuntu. But thanks for that, they came up just like you said and I knew then there were no problems on that end)

Update, using your information that it was similar to Mount2SD, I looked up M2SD commands and tried to run some. It said it wasn't found. I also found the /data/data files that contain the lib (.so) and .db files (rather than the /data/apps that I thought they were in at the time) and as I suspected, this is the cause of my internal space being filled up easily. Some apps are filling up the data portion (like Play Music and the Contacts Storage) and because of this, my internal data is shrinking, and I thought it was the apps I was downloading.. I'm thrilled to know the SD-Ext is in fact working (I'm approaching 3/4 of a gig in apps and dalvik-cache) and just wish I knew of a way to move the /data/data files to the SD-Ext. M2SD commands won't work (tried in adb and terminal emulator) and I'm at a loss since I don't know any commands for whatever script this is running.
    Last edited by NyhtShade; 07-10-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: felt it was still reliant to this, but didn't warrant a new post

I'm really enjoying the AOKP beta, but I have some bugs/problems to point out. I'm not entirely sure if the problems are AOKP, the optimus or app problems, so take it for what it's worth.

Gtalk: there doesn't appear to be any way to turn off automatic sign on. I opened the app and signed out manually, but every time I opened up gmail (I think), I would be logged back on. I finally just uninstalled it.

I had one case of a "standby coma" where the phone doesn't wake no matter how long you wait after mashing the power button. Only happened once so far, so it might have just been a one time thing.

Gmail: the content of my emails turns to a blank white screen when I start scrolling through a message. Wiping the apps data/cache or a reboot fixes the problem.

HandcentSMS: Completely subjective, but the app seems to run much slower than I remember when I was on ZVJ. Any recommendations for a quicker replacement besides stock?

I'm having some random push notification problems. After some random period of standby/screen off, the phone stops receiving Gmail notifications. About 30 seconds after I unlock the phone, I get the notifications, so they work, they just aren't instantaneous when the phone goes unused for some period of time.

The problem is most noticeable in the morning; I don't receive any emails or email notifications from emails received overnight. I did a quick search and it seems that it might be a problem with ICS. Tried the remove google acount, delete and reinstall Gmail dance, but it didn't help.

I'm not sure how much it will help, but I also took a logcat. At some point during the middle of the night (I don't have times in my logcat output?) it looks like Gmail stops running or asking for syncs. The last message from Gmail is "Successful index run, cancel next scheduled index run". After that, no Gmail activity shows up again until after the phone is unlocked. Anyone else having push notification problems? Is there a fix, or is this how it's supposed to work?

Regardless, I'm really enjoying the rom; awesome job tdm.
    Thanked by:
    tdm 

ROM
    AOKP unofficial nightlies

First, thanks for this rom!

But I've run into a small problem: I flashed last night, and I'm already getting errors that updates won't install (out of space.) I have an 8GB card, 1GB partitioned. FreeSpace says there's something taking up 134MB of Ext space, while system is nearly maxed at 155 of 158MB. I didn't installing any 2sd scripts of my own. Is there a setting somewhere that I may have overlooked?

eta: Removed a few apps and installed DiskUsage, and can see 48.8MB of "system data" and 86.0MB dalvik in sd-ext. No apps.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by theBIG; 07-11-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    Thanked by:
    tdm 

The ls670 7-11 nightly for aokp is only 22mb.....

#sarcasm

ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

Quote Originally Posted by lerxst_x View Post
    The ls670 7-11 nightly for aokp is only 22mb.....

This. I thought I was going crazy when it downloaded in 1 minute haha

ROM
    Oxygen 3.0

This is amazing TDM. I'm running the latest nightly AOKP. I'm blown away by the accuracy/speed. Looking forward for the final version. Thank god for devs!
    Thanked by:
    tdm 
    tlrsax54 likes this.
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast