[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

MWisBest

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
tdm, were there any changes between beta2 and the beta3pre that didn't install besides trying to make the ROM flashable on every device with 1 zip?

RidDleZ

May 24, 2012
Visit site
This ROM already has a script for this. It works automagically, but you need to have an SDEXT partition.

Sent from an icy Vortex utilizing Tapatalk 2.

rockcell

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
This ROM already has a script for this. It works automagically, but you need to have an SDEXT partition.

I have an SDext partition set up, and it's worked well. But, the built in script doesn't move anything in the /data/data folder (at least that I can tell). Now, this may not be the most significant source of memory use, but it adds up to close to 100 MB for the apps I use (by a rough estimate). Since apps like Link2SD can handle moving these files automatically, I thought it would be easier to disable the built in script than to rewrite it to handle more functions.

jgramkow

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have an SDext partition set up, and it's worked well. But, the built in script doesn't move anything in the /data/data folder (at least that I can tell). Now, this may not be the most significant source of memory use, but it adds up to close to 100 MB for the apps I use (by a rough estimate). Since apps like Link2SD can handle moving these files automatically, I thought it would be easier to disable the built in script than to rewrite it to handle more functions.

I had an issue about one week ago where several apps wouldn't update, as it said I didn't have enough memory or resources or something. Sorry, I can't remember the exact phrase for the error. I ended up doing a clean install of the AOKP rom. I saved everything with Titanium Backup, then rebooted to recovery, then wiped data/factory reset, cache, Dalvik-cache, SD:extpartition, and .android_secure. I then re-flashed the AOKP from 7-31. When I re-installed my apps with Titanium Backup, everything started working well. I must have done a dirty flash and it caused some problems. Hope this is helpful.

RidDleZ

May 24, 2012
Visit site

Depending on when you created the EXT partition it may not be moving the apps or all the apps data.. I experienced this, and had to do a fresh install as well. Is there an 'app' directory in the SDEXT directory?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
It is not trivial to remove the built in script because it does both apps and dalvik. I should probably separate those functions.

Anyway, I'll think about what to do about this for beta3.

blade2885

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Great Build:) I have noticed with the VS660 if you turn on wifi the roaming indicator seems to disappear and the service indicator seems to function properly. Also I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "workaround" but if you turn on speakerphone it fixes the mic volume issues. I do seem to be having a problem getting barnacle to work though, whenever I start it it just says "starting" and I never get the message from SU to allow or deny it. - Barnacle working now that I enabled Roaming Data

Last edited:

RidDleZ

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly enough, I've had problems the past few days as well. Yesterday my phone hard rebooted, and got stuck at the AOKP boot animation, and today the same thing. I wasn't doing anything related to the previous day either. I am in the office now, so if it does it again I will logcat and see what I can come up with.

jgramkow

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I think I figured it out. It seems to keep doubletwist in the background, when I end it under apps, things speed back up.

Could your processor speed be set too high?

sent via icy vortex

RidDleZ

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Just to clarify, I had discovered the reason for my reboots with this ROM. I had dropped my phone some time in the past and apparently loosened the solder on a SMD capacitor for the uSD slot. It must have been coming loose and making partial connection for a few days ( which caused the sporadic reboots) before a final bump completely dislodged it , and my SD card completely disappeared, as if I didn't have a card in it, EVER. :eek: I took the phone apart and found it laying around inside (luckily not shorting anything!!). After dropping the cap in my dining room and spending 40+ minutes looking for this thing, I finally re soldered it to the phone, and have had absolutely no problems once more. :cool: Excellent ROM TDM! Even if with the few quirks it may have indefinitely. :)

Also, any luck with the JB Builds?

Last edited:

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been working on the spectrum and marquee for the past couple Weeks. Made great progress so it won't be long now.

MWisBest

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
tdm, do you know if the voltage to the CPU is locked via the kernel or the hardware? It'd be interesting to adjust the voltage of this, because with a little more juice I'm certain I could push 800+ MHz (I used to only be able to do 748MHz, but recently found out with your kernel that 768MHz is stable for me).

DC FIlms

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
hey guys. a little help please. I have the CM9 rom installed and appears to be working just fine. I have internet access and have had no issues viewing webpages. But I seem to be having an issue with accessing Play Store.

Every time I re-install the rom, I am able to get my gaccount info in then I am shown the play store upgrade page. From there I press update and then receive the "Server Error" message with the retry button. i have tried clearing the Google Play cache via apps section in settings. I have tried wiping cashes from recovery. But I just can't seem to get this to work.

Also, I am wifi only. This is an older phone that I am trying to get working for one of my kids for apps only. But all my paid apps don't work with he default rom, thus why I am doing CM9.

Any help would be very appreciated.

RidDleZ

May 24, 2012
Visit site
First off, if this is for games, the Vortex isn't really a work horse. You can work around it slightly by forcing 2D hardware acceleration, but it doesn't help much. However, more to the point, Have you tried accessing the Playstore via WIFI from another phone? and make sure data is off when you try, so it is forced to use your wifi for connection. Depending on your network, your router/firewall might not be allowing TCP & UDP Port 5228 through. Which will cause this problem. I experienced this at work when our IT decided to put a very strict firewall in place. I had him make the exception and presto.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos