[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

DC FIlms

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
RidDleZ,

Thanks for the reply. I actually should have put that in my post above. I did check the router. I had a similar issue with my Droid Pro and that fixed it. And not really for games, more for educational games. The kids are only six and five.

But yeah, this is strange. I have done quite a few phones now and never had this issue persist. I can't track down the exact version of gapps that the dev requires. They state gapps-ics-20120429-small and I can only find gapps-ics-20120429-signed. So I am not sure if this is the problem, but i have switched gapps before and never had an issue.

Does anyone have a version of the gapps-ics-20120429-small? or know where i can get it?

thanks again

RidDleZ

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I don't think the version of gapps is the problem. I always just download the latest full gapps for ICS found HERE when I do a fresh install. Works every time. The small gapps is recommended because of the small amount of internal storage available on these phones. You shouldn't have a problem though, especially if you have an SDEXT partition as suggested.

Also, on a side note: I never use data on my phone. Only WIFI. Data kills the battery super fast on these phones (at least on mine).

Last edited:

DC FIlms

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
YEah I am going to try to recover to original and then do a factory reset. Start from scratch on everything. I am at a loss. I will let you know what I come up with.

Update: So I completely restored to original and then redid everything and still no luck. I am at a loss. Not sure why, but Google Play just does not like me.

I was able to update a few apps via the files:///sdcard/ method.

Anyway, if anyone else has run into this or has some suggestions please let me know.

Last edited:

kappacat

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to use the desktop version of the play store to remotely install apps? Or, since this is for a 5 & 6 year old you could just download the apps you want to put on the phone on another phone and copy them from /data/app/ using an explorer app and install them via adb. Hope this helps.

DC FIlms

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Kappacat,

Yeah I started doing that. time consuming, but oh well.

I am back to thinking it is a router issue now though. If I use my droid pro (also cm9) to download only from wifi i get an error too. VZ network is fine though.

I have tried opening port 5228, but that doesn't fix it. So i am off to a free wifi spot to see if it works there.

jgramkow

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I am running CM9 20120731 version, have downloaded the Barnacle tether. I cannot get this tether to work. I can turn it on, but the tablet does not see it. I have successfully connected to another phone with the tablet, but this phone it cannot see. Any ideas?

kappacat

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I am running CM9 20120731 version, have downloaded the Barnacle tether. I cannot get this tether to work. I can turn it on, but the tablet does not see it. I have successfully connected to another phone with the tablet, but this phone it cannot see. Any ideas?

Did you skip wpa supplicant?

jkok

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
is anyone else having charging issues with cm9 or aokp for lg vortex? mine seems to show the appearence of charging, yet the battery is still decreasing, and went dead a couple of times, ive switched to another rom(stock), to charge to full, tried reflashing, wiping battery stats, and trying, same thing. for both roms. cm7 works fine, but the cm9 and aokp ics roms arent charging my battery for me, even when you plug in the charger when the phone is off and it does the animated battery screen, after a while its bar gets lower and lower like it is still discarging? if anyone had the problem and found a fix please tell me =)

RidDleZ

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Never had a problem here. But I think someone else had mentioned this in the alpha threads.. Don't think the cause was ever found though.

Sent from an icy Vortex utilizing Tapatalk 2.

RidDleZ

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow! This could be it. That much closer to a fully functional ROM! I wonder how hard it would be to implement this in a build in our ROM..

RidDleZ

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Apparently NOOOOOO. Would be nice to at least see the speaker phone fixed :p

I'm sure TDM has been busy with something though.

JimJ2mz

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Well...things have been a little quiet here.
But like Rid said, tdm is probably busy cooking up some special stuff. ;D
I also got my hands on the long forgotten Dell Streak 7 Tab, if anyone can recall. haha...
It's hard to get ICS on that Tab as well... q-q
But anyhow, we'll be waiting for you, tdm!

oshapley

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have installed the ROM successfully and booted, but one problem: I can't change my wallpaper.
The phone won't change from the plain BLACK wallpaper. This isn't really a major problem, but I'd like it if i can get my Black Ops 2 back on my home screen.

Phone Specs:
Android Version: Ice Cream Sandwich 4.04
ROM: CyanogenMod 9 from Quattrimus
Phone model: VS660
Phone name: Vortex

JimJ2mz

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Did you try rebooting a few times? Clear cache/dalvik-cache too. If that doesn't work, just reflash.
I have CM9 on a Vortex and I'm perfectly fine. :O

OneChaos

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I know that I'm tardy to the party but I want to say thanks to tdm and everyone else who has contributed to the development of these wonderful ROMS. I'm running the AOKP beta2 on my Vortex and loving it. I can't contribute much in the way of development, but I do have two LG phones which I am willing to donate to tdm for development purposes, if he'd like them.

The first is a beat up LG Optimus S, VS670, which belonged to my sister who has since moved onto to an iPhone. It's in rough condition cosmetically but it works just fine. I had been using it as a guinea pig to test out new ROMS and such. It is currently running on the AOKP beta2.
The second is a LG Vortex, VS660, which is stuck at the LG boot screen. I have no use for either of these devices, so tdm if you want them they are yours. Just send me a PM here or an e-mail to onechaos[at]live.com

Thanks again. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter