Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    Dante is stock based and has gapps included!
    Wow, I wonder how I have made it this far without major disaster. So what happened when I flashed GAPPS from ICS after Dante? Does it try to remove and replace with incompatible files?
    ctgova

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Quote Originally Posted by ctgova View Post
    Wow, I wonder how I have made it this far without major disaster. So what happened when I flashed GAPPS from ICS after Dante? Does it try to remove and replace with incompatible files?
    ctgova

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    It just tries to overwrite the existing GAPPs, but since Dante is GB, and you tried ICS gapps, it can cause some errors.

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    Thanked by:
    ctgova 

ROM
    opti aokp, viper stock

Default Re: [Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus S)

I'm in love with this idea! I'm on zvd can I put opti v roms on my phone like zvj?
    Last edited by pmoneyprix; 07-29-2012 at 09:00 AM.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by pmoneyprix View Post
    I'm in love with this idea! I'm on zvd can I put opti v roms on my phone like zvj?
    OV roms always were compatible with zvd you'd just need to fix your keypad file and mms likely won't work

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

I am running into a problem but I am not sure if it is because I am misunderstanding the purpose of this patch. I am currently running Cold as Ice on LS670ZVD. I wanted to try out Dante rom since it has a working wifi tether. I downloaded the Dante zip file as well as the ZVJ to ZVD patch-Optimus S-07272013.zip. I then performed a full wipe via cannibal open touch. Then flashed the dante zip, (didnt flash gapps because they seem to be built-in) and then flashed the patch. However, I keep getting the error:

Verifying update package...
    E: Missing file:
    system/tts/lang_pico/es-ES_ta.bin
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

Then, if I go ahead and reboot into dante, the rom seems to load just fine actually and I can surf the internet through a wifi connection but I am getting no radio signal at all. As I said before, I might have misunderstood the purpose of this patch, but I shouldn't I be able to use this rom? Also, what am I doing wrong that gives me this error? Thanks for your help!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Quote Originally Posted by StephenAaron View Post
    I am running into a problem but I am not sure if it is because I am misunderstanding the purpose of this patch. I am currently running Cold as Ice on LS670ZVD. I wanted to try out Dante rom since it has a working wifi tether. I downloaded the Dante zip file as well as the ZVJ to ZVD patch-Optimus S-07272013.zip. I then performed a full wipe via cannibal open touch. Then flashed the dante zip, (didnt flash gapps because they seem to be built-in) and then flashed the patch. However, I keep getting the error:

Verifying update package...
    E: Missing file:
    system/tts/lang_pico/es-ES_ta.bin
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

Then, if I go ahead and reboot into dante, the rom seems to load just fine actually and I can surf the internet through a wifi connection but I am getting no radio signal at all. As I said before, I might have misunderstood the purpose of this patch, but I shouldn't I be able to use this rom? Also, what am I doing wrong that gives me this error? Thanks for your help!
    Flashable rom, disable signature verification, then flash the ZVJ to ZVD patch.

Optimus S patch threadOptimus V patch thread
    My band (Awake and Aroused)
    Need a new boot animation? Have a suggestion? Or a request?
    Boot Animation Thread
    Thanked by 2:

Man, 2 minute response time...not bad. Thanks for your help and thanks for the patch! It's pretty sweet. I was not looking forward to changing to zvj to try out the CM10 rom (or any other zvj roms) but now I can with no hassle. Thanks!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Quote Originally Posted by StephenAaron View Post
    Man, 2 minute response time...not bad. Thanks for your help and thanks for the patch! It's pretty sweet. I was not looking forward to changing to zvj to try out the CM10 rom (or any other zvj roms) but now I can with no hassle. Thanks!
    That's one thing that I do best(usually), is provide a quick response.
    And no problem, I wasn't looking forward to waiting for CM10 to come to the Optimus V, and thus I began my integration patch projects.

Boot Animation Thread
    DEVASTATOR

ROM
    Cool As Ice alpha 14

The ZVJ to ZVD zip works like a charm. Thanks a ton for the experimentation and the gumption needed to turn the solution into a flashable zip.
    Thanked by:

Why is there an MMS.apk in the ZVD ---> ZVJ zip? It broke SMS on CM7 and MIUI, and I spent about an hour trying to figure out why my phone didn't like showing the MMS.apk on the homescreen... until I figured out it was this zip. xD

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by thattypicalnerd View Post
    Why is there an MMS.apk in the ZVD ---> ZVJ zip? It broke SMS on CM7 and MIUI, and I spent about an hour trying to figure out why my phone didn't like showing the MMS.apk on the homescreen... until I figured out it was this zip. xD
    Well.... If it were for the OV I'd call it a failed attempt at fixing mms but I would assume on the s there would be no need at all.... You should be able to remove it from the zip with 7zip and disable signatures in recovery to flash

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Dante Rom
    Advisor

I am curious as how/why this patch works? Why hasn't something like this been done before? What is allowing a ZVD radio to be able to use a ZVJ rom? (Or the other way around)
    This is definitely a great benefit for all S users.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Current Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr
    Previous Device(s): LG Optimus S
    Always happy to help out, Just remember to hit that thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Well.... If it were for the OV I'd call it a failed attempt at fixing mms but I would assume on the s there would be no need at all.... You should be able to remove it from the zip with 7zip and disable signatures in recovery to flash

But how come put it in the ZVD ---> ZVJ zip? I mean, most OV users are on ZVD (except for a few who use sammyz's method and are on ZVJ)...

ROM
    Changes Daily

But how come put it in the ZVD ---> ZVJ zip? I mean, most OV users are on ZVD (except for a few who use sammyz's method and are on ZVJ)...
    Not sure why... I'm sure nitestalkr will reply when he is around though. I the mean time. I'd just remove the apk from the zip and flash unsigned.

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Not sure why... I'm sure nitestalkr will reply when he is around though. I the mean time. I'd just remove the apk from the zip and flash unsigned.

Yeah... I wonder why. For now I'm just using the original patch (the one when this thread only had a few posts) that required you to push lib files. xD I need to try some OV ROMs lol.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Yeah... I wonder why. For now I'm just using the original patch (the one when this thread only had a few posts) that required you to push lib files. xD I need to try some OV ROMs lol.
    You mean the zip I uploaded with the 3 libs yeah nothing wrong with that. I still use it. If you start trying out some v roms you'll need to edit your keypad file to fix your keys. I like mandylion iho myself... Built in a2sd So you can go app crazy without space worries.

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by blackops1125 View Post
    I am curious as how/why this patch works? Why hasn't something like this been done before? What is allowing a ZVD radio to be able to use a ZVJ rom? (Or the other way around)

I too am quite curious about this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

I accidentally added that in there, and forgot about it , I'll remove it, and reupload.

Last edited by nitestalkr; 08-01-2012 at 03:53 AM.
    Boot Animation Thread
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Quote Originally Posted by blackops1125 View Post

I found out, that ath3nos made a similar patch, I didn't know about it till sometime after I made these.
    I'm guessing it didn't get as much attention back then, or there were something wrong with it, or not enough support.

Whatever the reason, I'll maintain all 6 of my patches(2 Optimus S patches, 2 Optimus V patches, and 2 CM10 ZVJ JellyBean specific patches of the OV), until I get a new phone, which will probably be several years from now.

Boot Animation Thread
    Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

I can't believe nobody noticed the patch from the future.. i dated it "07272013" by accident.
    Anywho, updated OP, removed the MMS.apk as requested from both patches.
    Boot Animation Thread
    Thanked by:
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    I too am quite curious about this.
    All I did was use 4 .so files(libgsk_exp.so, libpbmlib.so, libwms.so, and libwmsts.so) from ZVD, and it worked to get basic service(SMS, calling, Data) on ZVJ ROMs.

This was originally presented by Zakman, I just made it into a flashable zip, and added a few possible helpful files(apns-conf.xml, audio_policy.conf, thunderc_keypad.kl) to fix potential issues such as, audio through headphone port, and keypad correction(if using Optimus V ROMs, which could use testing to see if I got the key layout correct for the Optimus S).

This was originally birthed to use CM10 ZVJ JellyBean on the Optimus V, I just added Optimus S files, instead of Optimus V files for use on the Optimus S.
    Boot Animation Thread

So now I understand the Old baseband anc new baseband on XDA for my Optimus T.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Changes Daily

Regarding the keypad file its keys 102 and 139 that need to be swapped

Thanked by:
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Great work and truly a great day to own an Opti S or V! I have updated the Welcome Guide to include this patch and link to this thread.

Suggestion: Since this is hosted in the Opti S section, perhaps include a quick protocol on how to get an Opti V ROM working on the Opti S in the OP? I know it's probably just a matter of modding the keypad file, but spelling it out for folks and linking as necessary can only help.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by nitestalkr View Post
    All I did was use 4 .so files(libgsk_exp.so, libpbmlib.so, libwms.so, and libwmsts.so) from ZVD, and it worked to get basic service(SMS, calling, Data) on ZVJ ROMs.

This was originally presented by Zakman, I just made it into a flashable zip, and added a few possible helpful files(apns-conf.xml, audio_policy.conf, thunderc_keypad.kl) to fix potential issues such as, audio through headphone port, and keypad correction(if using Optimus V ROMs, which could use testing to see if I got the key layout correct for the Optimus S).

This was originally birthed to use CM10 ZVJ JellyBean on the Optimus V, I just added Optimus S files, instead of Optimus V files for use on the Optimus S.
    That's interesting that it's only those 4 libs and none of the libril stuff. Either way, this is quite awesome. A perfect way to let users flash any rom without worrying too much about what baseband they are on.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast