[Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus V)

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
So I've been thinking we've got the source code for mms.apk and the source code for what's needed to make it work. Why not make an virgin mobile mms.apk?

It can be built on froyo sources so that everyone can use it and can be used in any rom.

The CDMAdispatcher would still need changing. But its hard to. Its not in the CDMA folder :(

It's in the folder outside of CDMA. I believe Telephony.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
The CDMAdispatcher would still need changing. But its hard to. Its not in the CDMA folder :(

It's in the folder outside of CDMA. I believe Telephony.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Think about it like this the htc sense rosie (launcher) can't work outside of an htc rom because it uses png files called from htcframework.apk (it's much more complicated but ...) So it calls it with something like this com.htcframework.rosie.png. So what we (by we I mean anyone else :) ) gotta do is figure out what is calling those class files where they are at and move them to the new mms.apk.

Hope I explained that right

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
This seems interesting will it work in the s but lose mms and have a screwed up key switch on zvj wanting to flash a zvd rom

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
This seems interesting will it work in the s but lose mms and have a screwed up key switch on zvj wanting to flash a zvd rom

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

There's a zvd to zvj patch in the s section with the correct keypad for the s

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Dante Rom

Reactions: jonny5449

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the one on s thinking its not gonna work :p:p to my astonishmint it did now running quattrimus on zvj thank you

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I still have? I never gotten this to work on hydro. The buttons don't even switch and I have no service. Do I need to manually replace all files? Don't understand why flashing doesn't work.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That sounds funny. We all post on the S side. Lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I know, its kinda funny, but I try to keep convo about the S patch to the S thread, and vice versa. BUT the only exception for that, is if we are discussing things about the patch ie MMS fixes, adding stuff, removing stuff.. those kinda discussions can take place on both threads :p

sent from my un-dead sammich.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I just looked, wow......LG must be cheap....also Phatninja55 said that the motherboard also says LS670 on it....

Stop Apple from abusing patents

Actually, its not LG that's cheap, it was Virgin Mobile that was cheap.
The LG Optimus V is essentially the Optimus S, with very few changes in aesthetics, and Virgin Mobile branding.
Its Sprint hardware, with Virgin Mobile firmware. Its the Virgin way. :p

sent from my un-dead sammich.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I believe i may have fixed all services for stock GB ZVJ roms(with exception of MMS of course)... requires patience and a reboot or two(to tighten up the ROM).
I'll upload shortly, but right now, I'm testing its versatility with other ROMs.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
OP updated, EVERYTHING (but MMS) should work in just about any ROM now.
Let me know if there's any issues, and i'll do my best to fix em.