[Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus V)

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
so I was just now lifeguarding...and while guarding lives, I thought to myself..."i wonder if the radio fix would work on other roms from other phones that have the same physical characteristics as ours???" we might have to change around buttons and stuff, but it'd be cool to look into...

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
so I was just now lifeguarding...and while guarding lives, I thought to myself..."i wonder if the radio fix would work on other roms from other phones that have the same physical characteristics as ours???" we might have to change around buttons and stuff, but it'd be cool to look into...

It'd possibly fix radio problems with them.... Probably need to swap kernels to get the proper drivers for our hardware..... Soo maybe some...

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Baseband on Mandylion IHO ROM

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I've been thinking the same thing since I made these patches.
I've been getting requests to make similar patches for several other phones as well..
There's really only one way to find out, and that would be getting flash happy :p

sent from my Zom-"Bean"(AOSP Jellybean)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I might have a new idea to play with now lol as if my phone wasn't already strange enough

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I might have a new idea to play with now lol as if my phone wasn't already strange enough

First things first though, we gotta find phones with similar chip-sets, or at least ones with as little differences as possible.
An obvious example would be the LG Optimus One/T/S, and maybe the LG Phoenix/Thrive.
I say once we figure out aa nice amount of phones, we start testing the versatility of the patch, or make patches for other phones roms to run on the Optimus V/S.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
First things first though, we gotta find phones with similar chip-sets, or at least ones with as little differences as possible.
An obvious example would be the LG Optimus One/T/S, and maybe the LG Phoenix/Thrive.
I say once we figure out aa nice amount of phones, we start testing the versatility of the patch, or make patches for other phones roms to run on the Optimus V/S.

I think I'll be playing around with the idea as soon as I have some free time :D

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running Mandylion IHO ROM on LS670ZVJ Baseband

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Well that didn't get me too far... Just tried a slider rom (gelato) with Hydro kernel flashed over it but I could only get to shiny android logo... I'm guessing that it's going to have to be thunderc variants.. I didn't really expect the slider rom to work but I did hope... It's stock gb based for a vm phone so it could have provided some clues to get MMS working on the other side roms.

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
And you're using the ZVJ to ZVD patch on Optimus V, correct?

Correct, with the Joylicious_Optimus_v1.0.3d build. I wonder if there's something in the rom itself due to it being ported from the V to the S, and now back to the V using these patches?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking the same thing since I made these patches.
I've been getting requests to make similar patches for several other phones as well..
There's really only one way to find out, and that would be getting flash happy :p

I would be so willing to test :D

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
And mms is still a work in progress. I just told nitestalkr what exactly to change and he's hoping to be able to implement them into his flashable zip.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Correct, with the Joylicious_Optimus_v1.0.3d build. I wonder if there's something in the rom itself due to it being ported from the V to the S, and now back to the V using these patches?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Its possible.. I know if you port a rom to much, it would end up beginning to 'break'.

sent from my Zom-"Bean"(AOSP JellyBean).

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Bumped due to an update planned on being released soon. (so i dont have to track down this thread again.)

TEASER:
Scripts for app hoarder pleasure! ;D

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Updated OP
added app2ext support that can be used with all ROMs.

when i tried signing the zip, it failed to do so.
So you still must disable signature verification to install.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe