Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deadly_Poison630
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default So what is the Very First thing I need to do to Root my phone?

I am SO overwhelmed right now.. But I am SO tired of the low memory warning on my phone.. You pay almost 200 $ for a phone just to be told you cant have more then 4 apps on it lol. (not being literal but still.. ) I DID move all I could to my SD card.. I remove my cache & anything I can often (using Android Assistant) But still..

SO I am going to take the leap & root my phone.. I am reading all the helpful tips & threads. but I dont know where to start. One thread says go here X then that thread says Dont do this unless you need to do that and if you dont know what your cats middle name is dont advance any further..

please point me to a step by step thread lol. please.. total newbie as far as this stuff goes but I am good at following directions.. my phone is a virgin.. it is totally clean and 100% stock lol. I am proud to say that My Baseband is: LS670ZVJ :-p

okay thanks for your time & assistance..

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: So what is the Very First thing I need to do to Root my phone?

I can understand what you're going through being that I felt the same way. But rooting your phone is pretty simple. All you have to do is follow the instructions in this thread and download the program that is in this thread and you should be good to go. [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated) + ZVJ (automated)

Keep in mind you will have to unroot your phone when you go back to sprint (for things like repairs, upgrading to a new phone, etc.) as rooting your phone voids your warranty.
    Thanked by:
    wittymomma likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks! Heading that way now! I have no warranty any ways so it doesnt matter :-)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ugh I cant find my cable now.. grrrrrrrrrrrrr lol

K Found my cable.. Installing GingerRom.. But I dont know what they mean by : 5 - Flash ROM then powermod.zip

How do you Flash something?? they dont give directions lol. I THINK I am almost done though.. maybe..
    Last edited by wittymomma; 10-07-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Before you do anything, make sure you have both the ROM and the powermod.zip on you SD card.
    You have to go into recovery (If you haven't already done so) by powering off the phone then holding the home,power, and volume down buttons at the same time until you see the LG logo appear. Use the volume up & down keys to navigate. Press the volume down key to highlight "Install zip from SD Card". Press the menu button to select it. Navigate to the Rom then select the menu button. Scroll down to yes and it'll flash the ROM. Repeat the process for powermod.zip. Then select reboot
    Thanked by:

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Default So what is the Very First thing I need to do to Root my phone?

Not to throw another wrench in the gears, but you also should perform a backup from recovery, then a full wipe prior to flashing (installing) your rom of choice.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ok in recovery mode all my choices are:

reboot system now
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache/partition

I have done the update already.. do I need to keep that on my SD card?

I have also done the bottom 2 but I have never seen the Cache one with the funny word in front of it.. Only the one I typed above.

Oh & Gingerbread and Powermod are both on my SD card.. I didnt see anything about backing it up before I wiped it out.. I did save my contacts & pictures but I dont have a back up... nor do I know how to get one. lol.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    Not to throw another wrench in the gears, but you also should perform a backup from recovery, then a full wipe prior to flashing (installing) your rom of choice.
    THIS. Can't believe I forgot about this
    Axe

ROM
    Reborn ROM, CM9 Touchpad

Why would upgrading to a new & different phone require the old phone to be stock/unrooted? Wouldn't any stock-based ROM work just as well? (I thought someone mentioned service can be added to ROMed phone as long as the ROM is stock-based.)

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by wittymomma View Post
    ok in recovery mode all my choices are:

reboot system now
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache/partition

I have done the update already.. do I need to keep that on my SD card?

I have also done the bottom 2 but I have never seen the Cache one with the funny word in front of it.. Only the one I typed above.

Oh & Gingerbread and Powermod are both on my SD card.. I didnt see anything about backing it up before I wiped it out.. I did save my contacts & pictures but I dont have a back up... nor do I know how to get one. lol.
    That is stock recovery. You need a custom recovery like xionia or cannibal open touch to proceed with any romming

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

I believe the rooting tools install a custom recovery, so you may have to make sure you are indeed rooted. If you are, DON'T DOWNLOAD ROM MANAGER!!
    Thanked by: