So what is the Very First thing I need to do to Root my phone?

wittymomma

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I am SO overwhelmed right now.. But I am SO tired of the low memory warning on my phone.. You pay almost 200 $ for a phone just to be told you cant have more then 4 apps on it lol. (not being literal but still.. ) I DID move all I could to my SD card.. I remove my cache & anything I can often (using Android Assistant) But still..

SO I am going to take the leap & root my phone.. I am reading all the helpful tips & threads. but I dont know where to start. One thread says go here X then that thread says Dont do this unless you need to do that and if you dont know what your cats middle name is dont advance any further..

please point me to a step by step thread lol. please.. total newbie as far as this stuff goes but I am good at following directions.. my phone is a virgin.. it is totally clean and 100% stock lol. I am proud to say that My Baseband is: LS670ZVJ :p

okay thanks for your time & assistance..

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I can understand what you're going through being that I felt the same way. But rooting your phone is pretty simple. All you have to do is follow the instructions in this thread and download the program that is in this thread and you should be good to go. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ls670zvd-zvh-100-automated-zvj-automated.html

Keep in mind you will have to unroot your phone when you go back to sprint (for things like repairs, upgrading to a new phone, etc.) as rooting your phone voids your warranty.

wittymomma

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Ugh I cant find my cable now.. grrrrrrrrrrrrr lol

K Found my cable.. Installing GingerRom.. But I dont know what they mean by : 5 - Flash ROM then powermod.zip

How do you Flash something?? they dont give directions lol. I THINK I am almost done though.. maybe..

Last edited:

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Before you do anything, make sure you have both the ROM and the powermod.zip on you SD card.
You have to go into recovery (If you haven't already done so) by powering off the phone then holding the home,power, and volume down buttons at the same time until you see the LG logo appear. Use the volume up & down keys to navigate. Press the volume down key to highlight "Install zip from SD Card". Press the menu button to select it. Navigate to the Rom then select the menu button. Scroll down to yes and it'll flash the ROM. Repeat the process for powermod.zip. Then select reboot

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Not to throw another wrench in the gears, but you also should perform a backup from recovery, then a full wipe prior to flashing (installing) your rom of choice.

wittymomma

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
ok in recovery mode all my choices are:

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache/partition

I have done the update already.. do I need to keep that on my SD card?

I have also done the bottom 2 but I have never seen the Cache one with the funny word in front of it.. Only the one I typed above.

Oh & Gingerbread and Powermod are both on my SD card.. I didnt see anything about backing it up before I wiped it out.. I did save my contacts & pictures but I dont have a back up... nor do I know how to get one. lol.

Axe

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Why would upgrading to a new & different phone require the old phone to be stock/unrooted? Wouldn't any stock-based ROM work just as well? (I thought someone mentioned service can be added to ROMed phone as long as the ROM is stock-based.)

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
ok in recovery mode all my choices are:

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache/partition

I have done the update already.. do I need to keep that on my SD card?

I have also done the bottom 2 but I have never seen the Cache one with the funny word in front of it.. Only the one I typed above.

Oh & Gingerbread and Powermod are both on my SD card.. I didnt see anything about backing it up before I wiped it out.. I did save my contacts & pictures but I dont have a back up... nor do I know how to get one. lol.

That is stock recovery. You need a custom recovery like xionia or cannibal open touch to proceed with any romming

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I believe the rooting tools install a custom recovery, so you may have to make sure you are indeed rooted. If you are, DON'T DOWNLOAD ROM MANAGER!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer