LG Optimus S Republic Wireless ROM

jafelcan

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am looking for a ROM that someone can create from the LG Optimus S on Republic Wireless. I was being stupid and accidentally deleted a system file that caused my phone to stop working. Can someone please post the ROM? Thank you very much.

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Roms are not specific to Sprint or any other carrier. They're phone specific, so any rom for the Optimus S will do. Read all the stickies at the top of the Rooting/Rom section so you know what NOT TO DO. Depending on what version your radio is will narrow down the roms you have available to you. If the radio is ZVH, you can choose yourMomROM, optiROM, or gROM. If it's ZVD, pick either Reborn, sROM, or Kravens CM7.

jafelcan

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it had a modified CM7, from what I have heard.

What happened was I accidentally deleted the "phone" system file and then I kept getting an error and my phone would not work. So now I put Kraven's CM7 on it. I have Republic Wireless, but now my phone says it is Sprint. I don't know if that is because when I am not on the internet calling, it used the Sprint towers or what; but my number is also different on it when I call out, but people can call me just fine with my number. It is very strange and I hope you guys understand what I am saying.

The thing that makes Republic Wireless different is that they have the hybrid calling. Therefore, there is a system file that is on their phone (LG Optimus S) that automatically switches from data to wifi when you are in range so that you can make VOIP calls instead. That is the file that I specifically need because with RW, I have to make a certain percentage of calls over wifi.

So if anybody has an idea, please let me know.

Thanks a lot for all of your help.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
See if Republic Wireless provides a return to stock update.zip

Their support dept probably does have it even if it isn't published.

Also if it is just the apk and odex file, ask on a Republic Wireless forum. It should be simple enough for someone to get you those files.

jafelcan

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Republic Wireless emailed me today and said that I need to look to see if the kernel version is either:

2.6.32.9-republic
anders@box2
OR
lg@android-buld #2

I have a different kernel
2.6.329-v3.4
bobzhome@ubuntu

I just emailed them back to see if they can perhaps give me the update.zip or the kernel. So I am guessing that that is what I need. We will see. I am also going to ask on their forum.

Thank you.