phone call through car speakers

LACAGuy

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have an older car that has one of those cassettes that has a wire to play music. You plug in the 3.5 and play the cassette and it streams your music through the car speakers. Is there an app which would allow me to put the phone call through the speakers?

Schwermzilla

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
You may have to buy a headset adapter... the one thing is that all the reviews i saw of monsters iSoniTalk is that people got feedback and echo cause its designed to work with headphones, not a car aux in. There might be some sort of app that allows this to work better but i don't know of one.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I have an older car that has one of those cassettes that has a wire to play music. You plug in the 3.5 and play the cassette and it streams your music through the car speakers. Is there an app which would allow me to put the phone call through the speakers?
Have a blue raspberry slushy with this setup. That way you can rock out your stereo conference call with your blue teeth. :D That's how I roll.

This is actually one of the chief reasons that I am still on Reborn and ZVD: it works great on ZVD ROMs and not on ZVH. It does not work on CM7 either, but thekraven is testing some code mods to get it running.

LACAGuy

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Have a blue raspberry slushy with this setup. That way you can rock out your stereo conference call with your blue teeth. :D That's how I roll.

This is actually one of the chief reasons that I am still on Reborn and ZVD: it works great on ZVD ROMs and not on ZVH. It does not work on CM7 either, but thekraven is testing some code mods to get it running.
I'm running the stock rom. Is there an option with my setup?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
On STOCK, I just put the 3.5MM headphone jack in and put car in AUX (or in your case CASSETTE) function... Worked fine for me... as for you, I'm not sure why it wouldnt be working, have you checked the "in call volume" while its plugged in..

btw, volume was SUPER low when i had this setup - had to crank car ALL THE WAY UP and then some to get it to be listenable

LACAGuy

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It doesn;t work. What's funny is that if i have music playing through the speakers, my text message and mail notification plays through the speakers, but not the phone call.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
As I said, I've noticed when it worked for me, with the 3.5mm headphone jack, the call volume was TERRIBLY low... try an FM modulator or buy a $50 head unit for your car with an aux jack?

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
or also to consider a bluetooth speakerphone.

i use bluetooth through my kenwood head unit. car didn't come with bluetooth, i just had to get it in there, i never hold my phone during driving.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It doesn;t work. What's funny is that if i have music playing through the speakers, my text message and mail notification plays through the speakers, but not the phone call.
What baseband are you on? As I said, it should work fine on ZVD stock, not so much on ZVH stock.
It appears that you have ZVH, because the issue is with not recognizing the handset mic when headphones are plugged in.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
unfortunately, only fix anybody has found for this issue is reverting to ZVD or getting a certain cable with a mic in it.... unfortunately, the ZVH "fix" screwed up the option to use the phone mic while cabled.

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, that is a Gingerbread issue. No phone calls while an aux out is plugged in unless you have a mic on the aux out. Bummer, I know, I've been wanting a work around for a while and no luck! So, bluetooth I think is the answer. Check amazon for a bluetooth reciever and you'll find ways to connect your phone to your car. Good luck!

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
i know HTC makes a mic jack that lets you plug regular headphones in, so basically same concept... plug the cassette adapter into the mic end and hook the adapter into the charger port... i think it works on this phone, had one with my Hero and G1 (G1 had a diff port though... mini b, not micro...)