So i've never booted my Phone before and need help...

tmb04

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi this is the first time im about to try to boot my phone, ever. I got no problem following the step by step instructions I just wanna make sure it's what I want first.
I have a Sprint LG Optimus S. No service on it, got shut off awhile ago.. I'd like to unlock it to put boost on there. Can someone explain to me how I would go about doing this? Is unlocking the same as rooting?

Please help me out

Thanks

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi this is the first time im about to try to boot my phone, ever. I got no problem following the step by step instructions I just wanna make sure it's what I want first.
I have a Sprint LG Optimus S. No service on it, got shut off awhile ago.. I'd like to unlock it to put boost on there. Can someone explain to me how I would go about doing this? Is unlocking the same as rooting?

Please help me out

Thanks

Optimus S is CDMA so you can't unlock it like you can a GSM phone ( ATT, Tmob).

Rooting is simply gaining an Administrator access to the operating system so you can make changes, etc.

You can use regular Sprint phones on Boost, but last I checked there was no way to (legit) use a Sprint Android on Boost. You would do better to try your question over at HowardForums as they deal in phone flashing.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
i dont worry about unlocking just root it, install a custom recovery, then rom and have fun all can be found in previous threads on android central

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabruslik