Battery Question

hockeystar3920

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got this phone and noticed in the battery stats that the Gallery is constantly around 55%.

At first i noticed some battery drain but had some new widgets and deleted those. Some days it seems fine others seems to drain fast, any idea why this is so high?

Currently only other two things on there are cell standby 23% and idle 22%. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Sparty73

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I just got this phone and noticed in the battery stats that the Gallery is constantly around 55%.

At first i noticed some battery drain but had some new widgets and deleted those. Some days it seems fine others seems to drain fast, any idea why this is so high?

Currently only other two things on there are cell standby 23% and idle 22%. Thanks for any help.

You've got the gallery synched with google picasa. From your main screen (not within picasa), go to settings, accounts & sync, then open your google account. Uncheck sync web albums. You should be good after that.

Reactions: hockeystar3920

hockeystar3920

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
hmm I don't think that;s it as i dont have a picasa account. I went to my accounts and clicked my google account. Only 3 options are sync contacts, gmail, and calender and all are unchecked. Anything else it could be?

Sparty73

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
hmm I don't think that;s it as i dont have a picasa account. I went to my accounts and clicked my google account. Only 3 options are sync contacts, gmail, and calender and all are unchecked. Anything else it could be?

If it's not that, I'm really not sure. That's the only Gallery/Battery related issue I've heard of with the Optimus.

I guess I'd recommend a reboot, which you've probably already tried, and then a wipe if it's a rooted device . . .

s33ker

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
If it's not that, I'm really not sure. That's the only Gallery/Battery related issue I've heard of with the Optimus.

I guess I'd recommend a reboot, which you've probably already tried, and then a wipe if it's a rooted device . . .

Don't wipe your phone over this. Bad advice.

Simply go to Settings > Applications > Running > Select Gallery > Force Stop

Sparty73

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Don't wipe your phone over this. Bad advice.

Simply go to Settings > Applications > Running > Select Gallery > Force Stop

I know the wipe's a little extreme, and I probably shouldn't have thrown it out there so nonchalantly, but the reboot should have the same effect as a force stop if it's just a one-time issue and not something inherently wrong with the app itself.

If it's continuously eating large chunks of battery, with no fix in sight, wiping might be a better option than having to force stop the app after every time you reboot or look at pics.

hockeystar3920

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the help guys. I have forced stopped it every time i see it up there but the weird thing is it only says cpu usage at 1s. Maybe something else is eating the battery idk because most days its not draining just a few days when i did nothing with the phone it got down under 10%. So maybe its nothing at all.

rubejb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have an Optimus V (the Virgin Mobile version of the Optimus) and I just noticed the same thing, my Gallery is the highest thing on the battery meter, taking between %40-55.

I've force closed it, but it keeps coming back. Perhaps theres something running in the background on these Optimus's that uses it?