need help im lost, still on V9

omarnova

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
im still on V9 running ThundeRom V1.6.2 ....i want to upgrade to VD ive seen so many threads on how to upgrade and so many different ways that its got me confused, point blank whats the best,fastest and easiest way for me to upgrade...im trying 2 avoid going back 2 stock if thats possible..can someone guide me?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This is what I did:

Place TR 1.8 onto root of sd card
Make NAND backup
Use LG Updater tool to update to ZVD
Boot into recovery and flash TR 1.8

For more information see the How to Update to LS67ZVD Without Losing Your Data in the Rooting ROMs and Hacks section.

Reactions: ens04 and mxl360

omarnova

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
This is what I did:

Place TR 1.8 onto root of sd card
Make NAND backup
Use LG Updater tool to update to ZVD
Boot into recovery and flash TR 1.8

For more information see the How to Update to LS67ZVD Without Losing Your Data in the Rooting ROMs and Hacks section.

thanks for the help...will it work if i follow the 4 steps above and skip out on "Update to LS67ZVD Without Losing Your Data" i dont mind losing data if the process is easier also does it have to be TR 1.8 or can i use any rom?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the help...will it work if i follow the 4 steps above and skip out on "Update to LS67ZVD Without Losing Your Data" i dont mind losing data if the process is easier also does it have to be TR 1.8 or can i use any rom?

I don't have any experience with any of the other ROMs but I believe you will be happy with TR1.8. I followed the above steps and it worked perfectly for me butI think it would be a good idea for you to read that thread because it may answer any other questions you might have. I hope that helps. :)

Reactions: omarnova

omarnova

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any experience with any of the other ROMs but I believe you will be happy with TR1.8. I followed the above steps and it worked perfectly for me butI think it would be a good idea for you to read that thread because it may answer any other questions you might have. I hope that helps. :)

thanks i appreciate it!!

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
If you install tr1.8 then update to vd you will need to reinstall tr1.8. So just let it update to vd then install tr. Yes you can go straight to vd from v9. :)

phufool

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i didn't want to make a new thread, but does the same apply to updating from VC to VD using LG tool and flashing TR after?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
i didn't want to make a new thread, but does the same apply to updating from VC to VD using LG tool and flashing TR after?

Hi! Yes, you follow the same procedure going from VC to VD. Remember though that when you update through the LG Updater tool to follow the prompts carefully and do not disconnect your phone until the program tells you it is completed. Also, make sure you have a custom recovery and do a NAND backup first, and have TR 1.8 at the root of your sd card so you can unzip it through your custom recovery. Once the updater tool is finished, your phone will restart. Power it back off, then press the volume down, home, and power buttons very hard at the same time for several seconds until your custom recovery comes up, then flash TR 1.8. Once you flash, restart your phone and then you will have root and TR 1.8. Hope that helps!

EDIT: The above is true if you already are rooted and did not update to VC OTA. If your phone came with VC already on it or you got VC OTA then you will need to follow the instructions in the revert threads.

Last edited:

omarnova

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
If you install tr1.8 then update to vd you will need to reinstall tr1.8. So just let it update to vd then install tr. Yes you can go straight to vd from v9. :)

i was able to update from v9 to vd but in the process i lost my root so now i cant update to tr1.8 is there a easy way to get my root back?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
i was able to update from v9 to vd but in the process i lost my root so now i cant update to tr1.8 is there a easy way to get my root back?

If you have TR 1.8 at the root of your sd just go to custom recovery and flash it and after rebooting your phone you will have root and TR 1.8.

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site

Do like Carrie said Power off then Hold down VolDown and Home and Power and will boot into recovery, Then flash TR 1.8. youll have root back then. :)

omarnova

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
wanna thank everyone for the help, im now on vd runing the latest thunderom, so far so good and it was so easy..i dont understand all the complicated threads on upgrading, it was simple.

Reactions: CarrieK

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
thank you, updating from V9 to VD was very simple using your 4 steps.
I find using the command line very difficult but once I found this thread every thing became so simple.
thanks again.

Reactions: CarrieK

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
thank you, updating from V9 to VD was very simple using your 4 steps.
I find using the command line very difficult but once I found this thread every thing became so simple.
thanks again.

You are very welcome. I have to give credit where it is due though...robchaos figured out this method, and zeffie and ksmith have been awesome with answering questions and providing support. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty