Different LCD screens?

Donx510

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Recently I had to replace my LCD screen, and when I bought the screen I noticed that they're two versions of the LG Optimus S screen. There is Version A and Version B. I am just curious to which screen is better. Could a Version A LCD screen replace a Version B LCD screen and vice versa? Are there any differences or updates in the versions? Because from what I've read, the newer phones come with an LCD update from LG. Can someone please help me out here?

Thank you

2qdacu1.png

4id6ht.jpg

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
unsure about which is better but I know they updated it... The drivers on the phones that came stock with vc+ don't work with the older screen.. Or something like that.
Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Tirith is right they did change the screens and I remember a couple months ago zefie was having a hard time getting Xionia recovery to show up on the new LCD screens and released like 4 versions of it in a single day before he got it to work.

Donx510

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
And wow great find Doesitmatter! This really is a great deal. Did you get to try out the replacement screen, and is it brand new?

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
And wow great find Doesitmatter! This really is a great deal. Did you get to try out the replacement screen, and is it brand new?

Not yet - I should have it next weekend hopefully.

I don't believe the version of the screen matters since SW VD has drivers for both versions.

I nicked up my screen sometime when I was prying off the plastic case.
It'll be good to get a full front replacement plus a button panel as well.

Also - I've gotten dust under the screen near the Micro-SD so this will be a good chance for me
to disassemble the phone and clean it out as well.

Donx510

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the find, as I broke my LCD screen also. You saved me well over $15! I bought the one in purple. I should be getting mine sometime this week also, and thank you for the reply. It was just confusing to see some retailers selling two versions of the LCD screen. $15 for a digitizer and lcd screen is amazing! If you need any help disassembling it, there's a guide here in the Android forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty