What's the consensus on AT&T MM update?

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I would really love to do the new update, but I've seen a few people report issues. I'm wondering if now that the update has been out a while, if the issues have been resolved and whether or not the consensus is that I should update to MM. Thanks in advance!

Posted via the Android Central App

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I would really love to do the new update, but I've seen a few people report issues. I'm wondering if now that the update has been out a while, if the issues have been resolved and whether or not the consensus is that I should update to MM. Thanks in advance!

Seems like some people love it and some hate it. If you do it, make sure you restart your phone 4 or 5 times to get things settled before moving on. You'll have a better experience if you do that after every update, but especially big ones!

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I waited to reset my phone till the update. But working smoothly now. Except for the little glitch that turns Vibe with sound into Vibe before sound.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It's the first perfect update I've ever installed on a phone. Several great incremental improvements. One I haven't see mentioned is controlling your music player via 2nd screen when the main screen is off. Couldn't do that before

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I love my LG v10

Seems kinda strange to say it, but I am truly enjoying this phone more and more each day.

I did have a weird issue with the screen and did a factory reset which cleared it up completely, but since then with the new 6.0 on it it's really much better than it was. Apps are opening up really fast, the screen brightness is much more brighter than before, and it just seems to be more fluid with everything.

The battery life is a little bit better, not by much, but the standby time is excellent. I will keep my fingers crossed that it holds up and keeps running good.

I wasn't one normally to do a hard reset with each update, but I might just start doing it from now on.

Posted from my AT&T LG v10

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Once I did the factory reset everything smoothed out. Battery life is marginally better than before which is acceptable but not stellar. Best part of the update was the improvement to the fingerprint scanner.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed this...when someone I was texting (who has a galaxy s6) it showed in the default messenger app when he was typing a response. It said typing at the bottom: "typing". I haven't seen this before ever. I'm assuming we both have marshmallow and that's a new feature.

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Just noticed this...when someone I was texting (who has a galaxy s6) it showed in the default messenger app when he was typing a response. It said typing at the bottom: "typing". I haven't seen this before ever. I'm assuming we both have marshmallow and that's a new feature.

What app are you using for SMS / MMS currently?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress