What do I do?

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Some of you may remember that after the update, I had a few issues. Battery life being the worst one. After trying everything, a few suggested I send the phone back for warranty replacement. I was hesitant because I am fussy and did not want a refurb. After a bit everyone I Talked to on my phone said they couldn't understand me, I was breaking up. It was always fine, I used my cell for every call I made. Now no one can understand me all of a sudden.

So I bit the bullet, called Verizon and they sent me another v10. Spent all night setting it up. Made a call today and exactly the same thing...I am breaking up and no one can understand me.

Now what do I do?

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My first thought was a new SIM card but, I don't think that will make a difference. Perhaps calling Verizon again?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Some of you may remember that after the update, I had a few issues. Battery life being the worst one. After trying everything, a few suggested I send the phone back for warranty replacement. I was hesitant because I am fussy and did not want a refurb. After a bit everyone I Talked to on my phone said they couldn't understand me, I was breaking up. It was always fine, I used my cell for every call I made. Now no one can understand me all of a sudden.

So I bit the bullet, called Verizon and they sent me another v10. Spent all night setting it up. Made a call today and exactly the same thing...I am breaking up and no one can understand me.

Now what do I do?

Call Verizon and tell them the replacement isn't working properly.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
It's the very same reception issue on phone calls... Makes me think it's an LG v10 issue after the update maybe?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried another phone (different brand/model) on Verizon in the same area? Isolate the issue to make sure it's not the network acting up. Also, have you seen a downgrade in cell signal? Do you have HD calling on? If so, turn it off. I ended up turning HD calling off on my V10 on T-Mo as it was cutting in and out on random calls.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It's the very same reception issue on phone calls... Makes me think it's an LG v10 issue after the update maybe?

If that were the case there would be more incidents reported. Yours is the first I've heard of.

Michael MCATEE

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site

Now what do I do?

Sounds like you are in a lousy cell area to me. In which case you may have to go with a different device to get a better radio... Problem is doing so is no guarantee that it will help you.

I have this issue with different devices and where they work good and not.

I can go from the back of my house to the front yard and go from no signal to 4 bars LTE on my v10.. It's a little bit better on my Note 5, and even worse on any iPhone

Now if this everywhere for you.. Get a different phone.

Posted via LG v10

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
HD calling was the culprit! The Verizon tech told me to turn it off and she reset things on her end and works good... So far. Thanks for All the input everyone!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I was having some of the same issues; dropped calls, calls breaking up, person called not hearing me, me not hearing them, etc. I have excellent reception, BTW, 4-5 bars. I just spoke with a TMO tech and he said he had handled similar issues. It looks like the VoLTE was the culprit. They are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. So he had me turn off the VoLTE and advised that if the problem happened in different locations I should let them know so they can get an engineer on the ground to check it out. I'll report back after I see if that makes a difference. So, if you're having that problem, try turning off VoLTE first and see if that solves the problem. The tech did say they are working on it to eliminate any problems.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
HD calling was the culprit! The Verizon tech told me to turn it off and she reset things on her end and works good... So far. Thanks for All the input everyone!

Cool deal... I have mine set to "HD voice only". I am going to try and turn it off for a week and see how things go. I don't have major problems with my voice quality or reliability as it is. I use voice calls 3-4 days a week for up to ~2.5 hours a day. I get maybe 2-3 dropped calls a month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty