Mugen Power 9300 mah extended battery - HANDS ON REVIEW

manu0888

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
I bought the battery and have been using it for a month now. The case looks classier than all other extended battery cases out there. The charge lasts for 2 days (35- 40 hours screen on time) with medium usage. I watched a 1.5 hour streaming movie and it consumed only 6 % battery. And, in my knowledge it is the only extended battery in the market that supports NFC.. It has got a built in NFC receiver in the case like the original one.

Using WiFi

I am always online on facebook and messenger, location on, sync on. During continuous fb usage (just scrolling through time line ) the average battery drain is @ 1% per 10 minutes or so.

While using google chrome i noticed a bit faster rate of drain but it's negligible.

Using 4G data

4G usage however, drains battery at a faster rate.

Anyway it all depends on what kind of apps you are using, the signal reception etc...

BATTERY TEST RESULT

I left the phone to charge yesterday night at 9... It takes 7-8 hours to charge from 0- 100%

Yesterday 5 AM to 9 PM : (wifi on, sync on, location on)

Streamed a movie on amazon prime : 1.5 hours
Facebook usage : 2 hours
Google Play Music stream : 1 hour
Youtube : 2 hours
Google chrome : 2 hours
Idle screen on time : 2 hours

Total 10.5 hours usage and battery charge left = 55%

I listened to 2 hours of continuous music via bluetooth in my car which consumed only 3% battery.

At the end of day i had around 50 % of charge left.

N.B : I ordered the item from official mugen battery website. It only took 4 days for the item to reach me from US to India.

Last edited: