Possible V10 Successor

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
As a very satisfied owner of the V10 (G4 and G3 prior to that - I love removable battery/sd) this is great news! The V10 is spot on for my needs and glad LG will continue with a good thing. Cheers!

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
COMPLETELY Happy on my V10. Its an ABSOLUTE WINNER in a landscape of monkey-see monkey-do designs.

shout out to LG... KEEP ALL V10 FEATURES BUT ADD THE FOLLOWING to the V20:

>Qi charge case back standard
>USB-C
>Snapdragon 820
>64G internal memory standard

MOST IMPORTANTLY carry over the following features:
>REMOVABLE BATTERY !!!!!... !!!!!!!!! (thicker and higher capacity would be nice)
>Headphone jack
>Volume buttons on the back
>Removable / replaceable case-back
>SD card slot
>32 bit DAC
>High impedance headphone amp circuit
>Secondary screen
>Completely button-less operation (if you so chose to operate it that way)
>Durable materials
>4K and fully manual video settings

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The V10's successor should do away with LG's current Quantum Display technology or have an improved version that focuses more on better color accuracy and makes use of sRGB. The current Quantum Display iteration used in the G4, V10, and G5 are more prone than usual to image retention, the issue being present even when the device is turned on for the first time.

Posted via an LG V10

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
A lot of people loved the LG V10. It is a nice phone with solid build-quality, good amounts of durability, audio-chops, superb camera features and more. Frankly, it's a phone that has its own basic formula that people love.

That's why for the V20, I would like LG to stick with the basic V10 formula of that build quality (keep the rails and rubberized plastic removable back), keep the durable material choices while either keeping or enhancing the excellent 32-bit DAC and strong amp plus excellent camera package, all while sorting out the flaws with the V10, like giving it a larger battery that can still be removed.

What I don't want to see is "G5 Logic". By that, I mean I don't want to see a drastic overhaul. The V-line has already established a fanbase that love it for what it is, so I don't see any reason why LG needs to change it up drastically. The V20 doesn't need "Friends", nor does it need a "micro-dizing" finish on its back with primer plus paint and all that. The V10 in its basic form is just fine. Instead of drastically overhauling it, they just need to refine it.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I would love to see an amoled dislay, in addition to all the refinements mentioned.

Posted via the Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. But since they'll be releasing it after the Note 7, LG should at least consider adding the Snapdragon 821, 6 GB RAM, and a dedicated stylus to Kramer5150's lists.
Agree. It just needs the usual hardware upgrades and maybe a bit of new stuff.

+1 to the dedicated stylus. The Galaxy Note-line has been without a true-blue rival for far too long.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
They should go all out beast mode and target design elements that bolster the stat and data sheets. Since they aren't going to out-hype the Apple borg collective and they won't out-style Samsung. They should try and dominate them on the spec sheets.

>64 ~128G internal memory standard, while everyone else is skimping at 32G or charging premiums for additional space.
>4000~4500 mah removable battery, with an amoled display, dominate battery run time AND offer a removable option.
>SD card slot, This is VITAL, omitting this would be a failure of monumental proportion.
>USB-C and Qi charge plastic removable case back, Nothing bad can come from this.
>Snapdragon 821, Or go with the 820 for its proven reliability
>6~8G RAM, Spec sheet dominance.

They should also offer unlocked variant of the V20.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I would to the see them put a twin cam in the V20. Sounds like I'm talking about car engine.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
If I were to create a spec-sheet for the V20, I'd want it to at least be close to something like this.

Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 w/ 2 + 2 Kyro cores clocked at 2.4GHz on the more powerful clusters, slightly less so on the other w/ Adreno 530 GPU
RAM: 6GB LPDDR4
Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 internal NAND storage + hybrid microSD/UFS card slot
Display: 5.7-inch QHD AMOLED display w/ sRGB calibration mode + improved AOD. (The IPS Quantum Display can stay, but it needs to be significantly tweaked to be more color-accurate)
Build: Rubberized plastic removable back with stainless-steel rails. DuraSkin construction all-around for improved durability.
Camera: 1/2.6" 16MP sensor w/ f/1.8 aperture plus improved quality lens to reduce chromatic abberation. 4-axis OIS + improved 3-axis DIS for improved stabilization. Manual settings for photo and video. 8MP f/2.0 front camera for self-portraits.
OS: Android 6.0.1 "Marshmallow". Expected upgrade to 7.0 "Nougat" before the end of the year.
Audio: Front-firing single tweeter + bottom-firing subwoofer. 32-bit dedicated DAC + headphone amp through a 3.5mm jack. Audio tweaking options via software
Power: 4000mAh removable battery. Fast charging via USB PD on a Type-C port.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
What about a wide angle camera?

Hopefully it has the wide angle camera on back. Would be nice to have it front and back. Its the only differentiating feature of my G5, that has not allowed me to consider other phones. Its really useful traveling and taking group photos.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
What about a wide angle camera?

Oh yeah.

I'd love to see a separate wide-angle camera on both the front and back. G5 users liked having that for group shots, so if they could implement it in a way that doesn't make it look cringey, it's going to be a hot topic.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not really concerned about how the camera looks. If it looks like the G5 that's good enough for me.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Just as long as they carry over the hi-end DAC and amp keep it internal along with other appropriate hardware upgrades, I'll be interested. No slide-in modules please, just another "thing" to carry around and manage. On the fence about the second screen.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Would be cool if LG shrank it to 5.5 and had the SD821. Or 820 with the newest adreno.

Honesty if it just had a better camera than my G4 I'd get it lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa