Should I buy now & get the headphones or buy later to get it cheaper?

gcliff23

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating with myself if I should buy the V20 now and get the $150 headphones for "free" or wait a few months and maybe get lucky with a black Friday sale and get the phone at a lower price.

A little bit about me, I use headphones sometimes, mainly when doing yard work or on the computer working in the office (but I cant take my phone with me into the office), and when I used to ride my motorcycle. Unfortunately due to my medical condition I won't be able to ride for a couple of years so I sold the bike. Part of me also gets on the bandwagon of falling for a specific new phone and wanting it immediately when it's released, this time it's the V20. Six months ago it was the G5 and before that it was the Note 4. My G5 still gets the job done, sometimes an app will randomly burn through my battery but overall I'm happy with it, I just really want the V20. I was really hoping for a price in the $650 range from T-Mobile, so the $750+ is a shocker to me. I know I'll barely use the headphones, but are they really that good that I should get the phone now or should I wait for the price to drop and skip out on the freebies? Like I said, I'm not hurting for a phone, I just have an itchy trigger finger because it's the brand new thing.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm debating with myself if I should buy the V20 now and get the $150 headphones for "free" or wait a few months and maybe get lucky with a black Friday sale and get the phone at a lower price.

A little bit about me, I use headphones sometimes, mainly when doing yard work or on the computer working in the office (but I cant take my phone with me into the office), and when I used to ride my motorcycle. Unfortunately due to my medical condition I won't be able to ride for a couple of years so I sold the bike. Part of me also gets on the bandwagon of falling for a specific new phone and wanting it immediately when it's released, this time it's the V20. Six months ago it was the G5 and before that it was the Note 4. My G5 still gets the job done, sometimes an app will randomly burn through my battery but overall I'm happy with it, I just really want the V20. I was really hoping for a price in the $650 range from T-Mobile, so the $750+ is a shocker to me. I know I'll barely use the headphones, but are they really that good that I should get the phone now or should I wait for the price to drop and skip out on the freebies? Like I said, I'm not hurting for a phone, I just have an itchy trigger finger because it's the brand new thing.

You could get it now and sell the earbuds for like $125 or so and you'll come out not just under $650. And even if you only get a $100 for the that's still only like $670.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is $672, plus the headphones. Based on how V10 prices held up, not to sure there will be a drop for almost a year. For VZW anyway.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I got my V10 last Thanksgiving--bought it used from a guy for $350.

He had overextended himself and wanted cash.

I guess he stiffed T-Mobile on it, because they wouldn't unlock it for me. No biggie. It works fine otherwise.

$830 shipped? When I can use my V10 for six more months and probably see it down a couple hundred retail, or maybe buy it used for relatively cheap from some phone junkie who's on to his next fix?

Patience pays off.

I could probably scrounge up some cheapo LTE phone for "trade in," and get $200 back. Not sure I feel like playing that game, and not sure that would be meaningful enough. Let's see, I can buy one for ten bucks from Amazon, so $830 plus $10 is $840, less $200 is $640, and that includes free headphones.

Oh, wait--I don't use earbuds. I think they're the stupidest things in the world. So THAT promo is meaningless. $640. I guarantee I can beat $640 by a comfortable margin in six months.

And at that point we'll know all about the device, ugly warts and all.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

There's also a $200 trade in from T-Mobile. You'll end up cheaper than Verizon.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
LG rotates the freebie, but usually always has one. Like when I bought the G5, i missed out on the free battery promo, but right behind that they started the $100 gift card promo, which i picked up.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Wonder how it fair against my Bose earbud I got a while back... granted most music listening will be done by bluetooth... which is from a old model LG bluetooth that u see everyone have

gcliff23

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. I have quite a few pairs of headphones already and based off what most of you have said, it should be better to wait for a lower price.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i am going to wait. i have several pairs of nice headphones i already like.

I'm going to wait until next week and hope they have a battery deal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chibisaurus