Browser wars

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Just curious at what browser everyone's using. I've mainly used chrome but I'm now giving pyrope a go. Let me know a little bit of why you use what you use.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I've tried Boat in the past, but there was issues with web site incompatibility (i.e. it wasn't really "WebKit")... but the customisation options were great.

I'm now back to Chrome after using Chrome Beta for a year or so.

I tried the adblock browser for a short period... too many web site errors.

I like Chrome (or Chrome Beta) for how well it synchs all of my stuff across 3 computers and my phone. Passwords, bookmarks, history, form fields.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I've tried Boat in the past, but there was issues with web site incompatibility (i.e. it wasn't really "WebKit")... but the customisation options were great.

I'm now back to Chrome after using Chrome Beta for a year or so.

I tried the adblock browser for a short period... too many web site errors.

I like Chrome (or Chrome Beta) for how well it synchs all of my stuff across 3 computers and my phone. Passwords, bookmarks, history, form fields.
Yeah, the syncing can be quite handy

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
UC browser is the best one for me, I like the features, the speed, how you open manage and switch new pages and that it block ads, but I have chrome installed too because sometimes there are website that don't load properly on UC browser so I copy the link and paste it in chrome.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I use Chrome with Adguard.

It seems faster and loads pages flawlessly where other browsers seem to have problems here and there. Adguard blocks adds across all browsers as well as other apps.

I don't mind adds in principle, but many sites have them popping up and intentionally set them up to encourage miss-clicks on their links or make it near impossible to navigate around them. Until mobile web sites find a way to include adds in a way that isn't so distracting, I must use some form of ad blocker to make the sites usable.

Tony

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm still using Pyrope because its so much faster than Chrome the way it cuts the ads out. I just hate that they dont have Google syncing yet. So I still use chrome for some sites.

sd13

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
How is the performance with chrome on the V20? Ive used chrome on the samsungs and it lags like crazy. The scrolling is extremely choppy. Is it better on the V20?

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
How is the performance with chrome on the V20? Ive used chrome on the samsungs and it lags like crazy. The scrolling is extremely choppy. Is it better on the V20?
It's better but still a little choppy. Might be due to nougat. IMHO pyrope has been better in that department. Probably Les RAM intensive.

matther22xdroid

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site

It seems faster and loads pages flawlessly where other browsers seem to have problems here and there. Adguard blocks adds across all browsers as well as other apps.

I don't mind adds in principle, but many sites have them popping up and intentionally set them up to encourage miss-clicks on their links or make it near impossible to navigate around them. Until mobile web sites find a way to include adds in a way that isn't so distracting, I must use some form of ad blocker to make the sites usable.

Tony

I also use chrome with adgaurd on my chromebook (obviously). Not only are the ads on every site irritating and excessive, they also use alot of data on a limited data connection. On a side note the Adgaurd APK on my LG V20 is also amazing...

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

Tony
I like what you do. However, instead I found I got lighter for print by using Browser NBpro, a great light weight, privacy centered browser. This has a quick access toggle to enable/disable JavaScript. Most battery drain on webrowsing is to do with JavaScript. So the ability to toggle JavaScript on on when I need and then switch off for most of the time it is great...

As far as I know using just an ad blocker won't stop JavaScript, Java script might still be able to run dressing battery. However I agree you could disable AND use ad blocker at the same time.