Question Where did androidforums.com go?

Sunny Rio

Banned
Jan 19, 2024
Visit site
I used to use androidforums.com but now it's dead, instead I find this site when searching "android forums". I'm sure I've been here before, yet I don't have a note of a password for it, and neither does my browser. Did you take it over? My username over there was Lamberto Vitali.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sunny Rio

Banned
Jan 19, 2024
Visit site
Wow, it kept going to 2015. I didn't think magazines had a place in this century.

I remember getting a rude mod file (music) back in the 90s on their free floppy disk. Nobody ever seemed to complain :) If anyone remembers, it was called "Leeds Crew" and included the words "you can't do it through the fence with that thing", and much worse :)

Someone had a copy online, but the site isn't working, the search result shows:

https://discmaster.textfiles.com › view › 15754 › PCFORMAT5.iso › MODS › LEEDS.MOD

PC Format Collection 5

/ PC Format Collection 5 / PCFORMAT5.iso / MODS / LEEDS.MOD < prev : next > Protracker Module | 1987-04-21 | 212KB | 2 channels | 44,100 sample rate | 4 minutes, 1 second. Title LEEDS_CREW__ Type Protracker and family Tracker Noisetracker M.K. Tracks 4 Samples 31 Patterns 24 Instruments ...

Reactions: B. Diddy

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
I'm on AF though not actively anymore.
Great people on the social, funny and word game type forums. Not very busy with general questions.

The old forums are still there on Early Bird.
The regular owner Rob was deliberating what to call it for a long time, just to broaden the focus beyond Android. Not sure most concurred, but...

There are still mechanics working underneath.
It's not great, but at least they haven't destroyed people's contributions over many years.

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
Well it's broken, I get redirected to https://forum.earlybird.club/ which says "the connection was reset".

Also typing android forums into a search engine doesn't find it.

I dunno. I hit or pasted the link on your post and it worked in Chrome and Edge.

To quote a comedy sketch from the 80's that I watched again recently on a reaction channel :

"Maybe God just wants you to have a rotten life!" 🙄 😊

https://forum.earlybird.club/feeds/

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-20-12-02-26-719_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-20-12-02-26-719_com.android.chrome.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: fuzzylumpkin

Sunny Rio

Banned
Jan 19, 2024
Visit site
Weird, it works on another desktop, but not this one. I tried different browsers, so it's not an adblocker doing it. I flushed the DNS and pinged it ok, no idea what's stopping it, they must have set something up wrong somewhere. There's two other sites where this computer objects - it misreads a banner which should float at the bottom, and scrolls it up with the page. I can't figure out why a computer, across browsers, would do that.

Why do people record people reacting to other people? It's about as interesting as those utterly pointless unboxing videos. Oooh look! Someone removing something from a box!

Reactions: Madd62

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Weird, it works on another desktop, but not this one. I tried different browsers, so it's not an adblocker doing it. I flushed the DNS and pinged it ok, no idea what's stopping it, they must have set something up wrong somewhere. There's two other sites where this computer objects - it misreads a banner which should float at the bottom, and scrolls it up with the page. I can't figure out why a computer, across browsers, would do that.

Why do people record people reacting to other people? It's about as interesting as those utterly pointless unboxing videos. Oooh look! Someone removing something from a box!
Humans are eusocial animals, and as such seeing other humans do and react to things is not only interesting but an important part of learning, processing and maintaining mental health.

Maybe try a Chromebook?

Reactions: Madd62

Sunny Rio

Banned
Jan 19, 2024
Visit site
You sound like a psychologist, I prefer reality. I'll watch the show directly. When you watch a TV program with your wife, do you enjoy seeing what she reacts to? Or do you just enjoy the program?

What purpose are these chromebooks? I use a phone for portable and a desktop for not. Somewhere inbetween doesn't make sense.

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
I understand what you mean, but they can really work wonders.

The better comedy reviewers make you appreciate or really like some sketch show or comedy performers where you went "meh" or wouldn't watch thru them when first aired.
Their genuine laughs, their appreciation of the idea, writers and the sketch performance, plus their interrupting comments that add rather than hinder. There are only about 5 or 6 channels who I will watch the same sketch or piece with just to enjoy different hits from people I like.

Three channels at least are very, very good.

Mine are mainly American (or Aussie) reviewers watching older UK stuff they are not used to and are very generous about in their comments.
The other channels are faking it purely for donations, or have no character or personality. I still often find one or two good new channels though where I like the reactor. That's lockdowns for you.

I still won't watch some shows or performers they review regularly. We all have our dislikes. However at least two shows or comedians I didn't like I now think are really talented geniuses because of these top reaction channels.

Philomena Cunk in the UK for example is an odd though very well written comedy/fake documentary series, in part interviewing real experts, without laughter or punchlines that mostly fails on air but comes alive in review clips, but there are many badly edited compilation clips out of context they work from which ruin it again. That show has now been taken on by Netflix I think, along with Diane Morgan who plays Philomena. Her accent is not for everyone.

Getting a full show to react to without falling foul of copyright can be difficult for them too.

Sunny Rio

Banned
Jan 19, 2024
Visit site
The better comedy reviewers make you appreciate or really like some sketch show or comedy performers where you went "meh" or wouldn't watch thru them when first aired.
No, you don't make sense. Why not make my own opinion on something instead of watching someone else watching it? I'll take advice from a friend if they say "watch this it's good", but I wouldn't have them watch an episode then analyse their reactions. Might aswell spend that time deciding if I like it myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201