Did you like the look of the V10 or V20?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I really love the way my V20 looks. Very simplistic and minimal, and I love the matte metal finish (shiney phones are nice but scratches easily). The shape is beautiful, and the phone is very symmetrical. Beautifully crafted. But I've seen leaks of the V30 display and it looks like it'll be going back to the V10 look. What do you guys think about that? I didn't like how the V10 and G4 looked too much, the shape was kinda ugly to me. Let's hope the V30 will look just as good as the V20 and G6 (hopefully never the G5 again!).

Attachments

• asset.jpg
    asset.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 38

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you....
I really like the look of the V20 and dig the military grade back. I've decided to go without a case while I'm home with only a bumper once outdoors... I simply love the feel and weight of this device.

Hopefully the V30 will build upon this current device and not go backwards towards the V10.

No curve screen or infinity display, no 18:9, no ridiculous changes to this series. Just improve or update the specs on this amazing phone...

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I have both. Lost v10 to bootloop. The v20 much better to hold. Steel bars of v10 uncomfortable after awhile.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I have and love both the V10 & 20. But I aways have a plastic case on my devices.
Security is more important than looks in my mind. :)
But I would love a larger screen as I am getting older and photos shine on a large LG screen.

Lateck,

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd like the V20 with the volume buttons and back plate of the V10. I don't like the volume buttons on the side, and the V20 is just too dang slippery. If I had a grippy back plate, I'd probably go without a case.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd like the V20 with the volume buttons and back plate of the V10. I don't like the volume buttons on the side, and the V20 is just too dang slippery. If I had a grippy back plate, I'd probably go without a case.

mrdave570

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
I like the look and needed a case because its slippery. If the V30 or V40 gets any bigger, I won't be able to fit it in my pants pocket. My hands are comfy with it but they aren't big enough for one handed use. And yes, the volume buttons belong on the back. If I had one wish, it would be for their new models to have 2 front facing speakers like HTC. I will never understand why phones (and TVs) put speakers on the bottom.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Have you thought of installing a skin wrap? I think the leather wrap provides some texture.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I like the look and needed a case because its slippery. If the V30 or V40 gets any bigger, I won't be able to fit it in my pants pocket. My hands are comfy with it but they aren't big enough for one handed use. And yes, the volume buttons belong on the back. If I had one wish, it would be for their new models to have 2 front facing speakers like HTC. I will never understand why phones (and TVs) put speakers on the bottom.

Agreed. There IS space for front facing speakers. Even the MOTO E 2ND GEN has front facing speakers and they are useful. Just combine the phone speaker with the loudspeaker. I also agree with the size, this screen size is perfect and large enough, the only way to make it larger is to change the ratio, but then you're making the screen smaller at the same time just like the S8 Plus.