I am thinking of getting this for my gf

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
We have both the marquee and viper and both get an excellent signal ( average 5 bars ) while my s3 is lucky to get 3. As per lte we are not blessed yet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

wickid_d

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
sprint lte hasnt come out yet but soon phone it self is pretty solid but we dont have much dev wise yet

Actually... it released on the 15th in 5 cities, mostly in TX, but Atlanta was another, and the speeds of it are insane.. They run in comparison to Comcast's 12mbp connection, which, as anyone knows who has Comcast in that connection speed and runs speed tests, shows up in the low 20s on any speed test.. well, the LTE for this is no different. Using speedtest.net's app, I ran a few tests, and averaged about 23mpbs down, and about 9.5 mpbs up, which is the same on the down, but faster than the 3-4mpbs up you get with that connection from Comcast.

Makes me feel old thinking of how much phones have changed in the past 20 years to be able to achieve this, lol.

As for development, my first build on my agenda, is the stock, just so we have something to revert to, should anything happen. After that, I'm looking at jumping straight to JB - more or less, just a stock JB build at first, to try and get everything working, then I'll move onto kernel oc'ing, custom features, etc.. it's going to be a process and a bit of waiting for you all, as my offline life is being really demanding right now.

As it is, I just barely put together a cwm that SHOULD work, but I'm not testing it until I've got a good stock build in the ready.

If anyone's willing to be a guinea pig, I'll post the cwm I have. :p

Peace,
~WickiD~

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard