Battery life on cell network?

greenroomhoo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know how this compares to the Gear S2? Do they burn battery at the same rate?

Also - are there any apps that allow you to toggle Cellular or Airplane mode without having to navigate three screens?

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Actually I own both watches, the 3g/lte models. They are about the same in terms of battery life on cellular. The LG Urbane may last a little longer in cellular mode compared to the Gear S2. It has a larger battery... 570 mAh vs 300 mAh on the Gear.

Posted via the Android Central App

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Definitely the LG Urbane, but it's because of how I use it. If you need full call, text and email capabilities, then go for the Samsung. Which is Tizen OS.

If you're more interested in a broad array of searches, navigation, calls, texts - then I'd go Urbane. Which is Android OS.

Other have their quirks, but I hate that the samsungs mapping is terrible and that it does not have good search feature on the watch. S-voice is terrible, but Google search is very good.

Conversely, samsung has better menu layout, emailing and text inbox viewing. And they have a good feature with the turnable wheel for scrolling, selecting.

I'd go play with them both or watch a few videos to decide.

Posted via the Android Central App

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
......Also - are there any apps that allow you to toggle Cellular or Airplane mode without having to navigate three screens?

I don't know any that toggle directly, but I use an app called 'pujie black' for my watch face. It allows you to create/customize your watch face and it has 4 'mini tap' areas that you can set to launch any app on the phone or watch or you can set one to be your watch settings. So you could tap once to get to settings and then scroll to cellular or airplane mode. There is also an app called Wear Mini Launcher that may do something similar but I've never tried it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38