Echo Update 1.001SP OTA on June 2nd!

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
YMMV – your mileage might vary, as in you might have different results.

The technician re-flashed the base OS image, I had already performed about three different resets by then (menu>privacy, battery pull, pound code reset through phone tech support), so that was not resolving the issue.

I am please that the actual update after it came up was an unassisted OTA as should be expected. If they had pushed the update locally I would be worried my system would not take the next update well either. As it is my system should be stable and consistent now.

sabby

Johnbibbs

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm the above worked for me. I took my phone to the Sprint store today and they reflashed the OS. The update worked like a charm after that.

Last edited:

Cloud_9

May 10, 2011
Visit site
So, I guess, it's not because of missing apps yaa?? is there anyway to have this Stock ROM not in Sprint's store? cause I am living outside US now :(

I am not worried about this Maintenance release but if one day, Sprint conduct upgrade to Gingerbread via OTA, that would be a disaster for me... :(

james33440

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I know. I'm assuming that if Sprint can reflash the OS than we should be able to download the files to do so ourselves.

I like this phone but the lack of Dev support is really aggravating.

Sent from my M9300 using Tapatalk

Johnbibbs

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It almost sounds to me like there is an issue with the stock software that comes loaded on the phone and that they reflash it with a version that is just slightly different.

As far as being outside the country I think I would try to contact Kyocera to see if they can help and provide insight or maybe a flash tool.

I like the phone and as long as Sprint adheres to the rules of the Android update Alliance of which they are a member then I don't see myself upgrading again for a while. If sw updates fall flat.... Well then I may have a problem.

Sent from my M9300 using Tapatalk

Cloud_9

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Please do so Bro (contact Kyocera),
I already sent message to their Echo's site, but no respond till now :'(

I really like this phone, in fact all my friends here curious about this device, it's not tablet, yet it's phone ;)

cezell09

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the same error code with it rooted and I removed several stock apps. I was thinking that was it but since other non-rooted users are experiencing it then it's not just the root. I really don't want to go to the sprint store for this though...

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Then, probably this affects the first batch to ship? Had something similar with a netbook awhile back. First unit dead in less than 48 hrs, new one had different software load and a different brand of HDD. Not one problem since.

james33440

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I got my Echo replaced because of the Error 8507 and then when I factory resetted the phone it wouldn't boot.

Anyway, got a new Echo applied the update and all is well.

To be honest it appears that the screen on this Echo is better than my first. The colors seem more vibrant and the blacks blacker. Maybe it's just me.

jasonkc25

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So get this, I haven't gotten the OTA update yet, and when I go to update the firmware it says there is no update available (oddly enough, if I tell it to update Android, it downloads a package, almost finishes updating and then fails).
So I take it to the Sprint store and the have no record of an update for the Echo. They said they checked all their records and their system does not show any sort of update.
The tech there did try to perform the 'android' update, but to no avail. Is that what I should be doing, the android update instead of the firmware update?
At any rate, the tech recommended wiping the phone and trying the update, but I told them to hold off since they didn't even seem to know what they were updating.

Odd to say the least,
J

Cloud_9

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Dear All,
Yesterday, there is another update via OTA but as you know, since my Echo is "under" Error Code 8507, the update can't be installed..anyone experience this yesterday? if so, what side that updated, new firmware or new OS, ver.2.2.2 perhaps??

Johnbibbs

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Dear All,
Yesterday, there is another update via OTA but as you know, since my Echo is "under" Error Code 8507, the update can't be installed..anyone experience this yesterday? if so, what side that updated, new firmware or new OS, ver.2.2.2 perhaps??

I just checked and my phone does not report that an update is available. Where did you get this info?

Sent from somewhere using something...

Cloud_9

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday, at 13.00 local time (I live outside US, so looks like at 01.00 AM US time).
already download, and cross the finger, hope that the 8507 code not appear, but it's useless :'(

I got 8507 error code again, the download couldn't be installed..

jasonkc25

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I only get the 8507 error code when I try to do the 'Android Update', which I don't believe is correct. As far as I know (and all the instructions I have seen) it's the Firmware Update that we are supposed to use.

I wonder if they still haven't rolled this out in my area yet, and that is why it says there are no updates available? Seems odd since it came out June 2nd, and here it is 21 days later and still nothing.

J

jasonkc25

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I may try another store I guess. I'm kinda stuck though if the store swears there isn't an update and then they can't get an update to install.
J