Tablet Buyers - Be Aware of BB Return Policy

kareden

May 11, 2010
Visit site
For those of you who are thinking about buying your new Android tablet from Best Buy and intend to buy two and return one, just a friendly heads up to keep in mind their revised return policy. When you go to return any item at BB, you are required to present your driver's license and the salesperson takes down your license information. I found this out last week when I returned an unopened package of headphones. When I jokingly said that I guess BB wants to track who is returning what and how often to refuse returns from people who do it "excessively," the sales person said that is exactly why the information was taken. I then asked what the "excessive threshold" for returns was, and he said he had no idea.

I've just run across quite a few people on the forums who intend to buy a tab but are undecided and intend to buy two or more and return the unwanted one(s) when they decide. If you do this at BB, and they deem you as one who "excessively returns" you could run into some problems when trying to return a tab.

Anyway, I am definitely not thrilled with BB's return policy. When I hear things like this, I wish Costco was selling more tabs. They have a great return policy, but they seem to be selling only the Motorola Xoom. Well, I may look at the tabs at Best Buy, but now I don't plan to buy there. My first choice will be to buy my tab from somewhere with a much more consumer-friendly return policy - not because I intend to buy two tabs and return one. When I buy, it will only be one tab and I intend to keep it. However, there are stores and online vendors with much better return policies and I want to support those stores/vendors, rather than BB.

That's my take. Out there in Android Land, what do you think??

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
They told me you can return as much as you like with a valid receipt. If you don't have a receipt then you are restricted to 3 returns per year.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Silver members have longer as well. I know on my return I get 45 days instead of 30 since I'm a silver member.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

mckeydee

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Also be aware the BB has a restocking fee as well. I believe it to me 15%.

Not true. I work at Best Buy and the 15% restocking has been eliminated for over 5 months.

They are mainly doing this to keep track of anyone who tries to play the return system. We've had customers purchase 500GB portable HDDs and replace the HDD with a 40GB. Now if this ever happens again we can easily locate that persons info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez