Moto 360: Android 5.1.1 Update

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is an option called wrist gesture I believe

It's off by default. I flicked my wrist like crazy after the update and finally realized that the setting was off... Also have to turn on Wifi option. Both are in the settings menu on the watch.

Cheers!

Posted via the Android Central App

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
On my end the watch seems more responsive/ faster than with the older os.. Not sure how the battery life will hold up though..

Does it only connect to wifi when it loses Bluetooth connection? Or is it constantly connected to both?

Moto-Edge

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Just got my update, but i'm so used to swiping everything away to the right that i avcidentally swiped away my option to see my new features! Anybody know how i can get that chance again, or did i blow my only chance to see my new features? :(

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Just got my update, but i'm so used to swiping everything away to the right that i avcidentally swiped away my option to see my new features! Anybody know how i can get that chance again, or did i blow my only chance to see my new features? :(

Open the Android wear app on your phone and it should have a pop-up offering to show them to you again. It might not load them on your watch ( I think it takes you to an android wear website) but at least you'll be able to see the new features etc

Moto-Edge

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Open the Android wear app on your phone and it should have a pop-up offering to show them to you again. It might not load them on your watch ( I think it takes you to an android wear website) but at least you'll be able to see the new features etc

Thanks for the tip, but that didn't do anything for me. Oh well, i guess i just missed out on 99% of the fun of this long awaited update in a moment of not thinking clearly. It is bugging me WAY more than it should right now :(

Moto-Edge

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Can I undue my update, so I can then re-install it so I'll get another chance? I'm not used to my watch enough yet so I forgot all about swiping up to undo a card that accidentally got swiped away. I want a do-over. Maybe I should return this watch, and buy a new one so I can do it right next time. URGH! Why am I obsessing over this NONSENSE!?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Got the update late last night. Finally have a moment to look at it. Have it connected to my WiFi now. Need to play around with the wrist gestures and other features.

Rocking the Note 4

Moto-Edge

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Connected to my WiFi, but still unsure what that does for me . . . My watch is now a remote for my phone's music player; I don't think I could do this before - never noticed it anyway. Really cool. Kind of defeats the purpose of having the head-unit in my vehicle connect to the phone to play music via bluetooth now. It might be more convenient to just use the watch to skip tracks now. Not sure which way would be safer though. The watch is kinda more in my line of sight while looking at the road, as opposed to looking down and to the right to glance at the stereo, and moving my hand to operate controls on the stereo is now a further reach than just tapping the watch. Crazy.

Still exploring this update, but I've already deleted a few apps that this new update takes care of.

pjeverly

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I'm a bit new to this, but does the 5.1.1 Moto 360 update require your phone to also have the 5.1.1 update? or are they two different things?

Thanks in advance,

Moto-Edge

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I (sort of) tested the WiFi yesterday, because I forgot my phone at home and when I arrived at another spot with WiFi that I previously connected my watch to, the watch vibrated and acted like it connected to my phone (the cloud with the line through it went away). I didn't receive any notifications while I was there, so I don't know for sure how well it works, or if it works at all. I felt like my watch and phone were connected miles away from each other though. It seemed cool.

I do wonder if BOTH the phone and watch needs to be on WiFi, or if the phone can just be on Mobile Data and the watch on a WiFi and still get notified of stuff. That'd be cool.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I (sort of) tested the WiFi yesterday, because I forgot my phone at home and when I arrived at another spot with WiFi that I previously connected my watch to, the watch vibrated and acted like it connected to my phone (the cloud with the line through it went away). I didn't receive any notifications while I was there, so I don't know for sure how well it works, or if it works at all. I felt like my watch and phone were connected miles away from each other though. It seemed cool.

I do wonder if BOTH the phone and watch needs to be on WiFi, or if the phone can just be on Mobile Data and the watch on a WiFi and still get notified of stuff. That'd be cool.

When I can get mine to work, I tested the phone being on just the data network and the watch on my wifi network, and sent a text message and it went through.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else just get an update to Android Wear? I didn't have any AW updates last night, but today there was one. Didn't really call out that it was for bug fixes or anything.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed with this update, my battery on the 360 is a lot better now. Before the update, I was seeing after about a 10 or 12 hour day, I would have about 20 percent left. Now after the update, with the same time, I will have about 60 percent remaining.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty