Battery life after 5.1 update

Ozman44

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
How is the battery life?

Right now for me it seems about the same. From 6am to 5pm I am usually around 50%battery. After the update I was around 40% but that could be because of my extra fiddling I was doing with the watch.

Posted via the Android Central App

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Will really be interested in seeing what the use of wifi will be on battery life. Still waiting for the update 😢

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I can't tell yet. Won't really know until Tue because I will probably need at least one work day.

So far, scary. With WiFi On, but not actually using it, 3.5 hours off the charger sucked 20% of my battery. This is more than double what I would normally expect. But I was also using it more than normal. Again, too soon to really know anything yet for sure.

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to be better. Watch is very smooth and responsive. Here is a screen shot.
ecfcf9877de1c5c7a658ff3c034bd478.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I got the update 2 days ago. I don't see a need for wifi, so I haven't turned it on. My battery life is getting me through a full day still with about the same charge left. The watch is faster and smoother for sure. I also like the new menu & features.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

DryBear

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1434867806554.jpg
Here is about a full day of average use from 9:45am to 11:15pm. WiFi was turned off, as I don't really see a need either. Will try again with WiFi on.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
WiFi is a huge deal for me since I don't want to carry my phone at work between the lab and other rooms. I just got an update on Friday so will see how it works on Monday.
My battery life has gotten worse with time so I really hope it's not affected much. I got my watch as soon as it came out so I think the battery might be getting old. I put it on at 6:30am and by 8pm I already see the battery icon (15% I think)

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Not using wifi. On 5.0.2 my watch was at about 50% when I took it off to go to bed. Now it's about 17%. Not very happy about that.

pamtaro

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
How do you get to that "Watch Battery" view? I've noticed the battery on my watch has been depleting much quicker as well w/ the 5.1 update and want to see which resources are consuming the most.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
How do you get to that "Watch Battery" view? I've noticed the battery on my watch has been depleting much quicker as well w/ the 5.1 update and want to see which resources are consuming the most.

You get that from inside the Wear app on the phone.

Also, as I posted elsewhere, I noticed my battery improved a LOT after the first few days from the update. I have seen that happen before with updates, yet with no explanation as to why (and others have also noticed it). And no, it is not because I was using it more to look at/play with the new features :)

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I just tested the battery using no wifi, ambient mode off with tilt to wake on, wrist gestures on.

I have been using my watch occasionally but not all the time as I have been at work but have been getting quite a few texts over the past few days. I also used a standard stock watch face

I've got through 2 full days and the 3rd morning I'm at 10% remaining

Battery life is definitely an improvement if you are not using wifi, I would never make it to a 3rd day even with ambient mode off previously. I will now try using other watch faces and the facer app to see if this causes any battery drain and ambient mode combinations

Posted via the Android Central App

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
at 1pm my battery was down to 20% and it's on the charger. I keep forgetting NOT to use anything but stock watch faces while I am testing. So it's on the charger and a stock face is being used again.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So my watch leaves the charger at 6 am (it's currently 3:35 my time) and it's at 72 percent. I have Google hangouts, and 5 different email apps that sync with it. 2 of the Email apps are work related and I get lots of email. I have not turned on Wifi, and Tilt to wake is off as it's not a benefit to me.

I do not use a stock watch face but it is a Minimal and Elegant with little world on it.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I got the update notification on Wednesday, but it wouldn't let me install it because my battery was too low. Installed it on Thursday, and I was at around 17% when I went to bed last night around 11pm. Today after seven hours on battery I'm still above 70%, so the initial drain I saw was likely just due to the installation process. As of now it's behaving just as it was prior to the update. I don't have any of the new features on, however.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Battery life has been poor for me after the update. It came off the charger at around 6:30 this morning. It's currently 8:30 and my battery is at 62%. No good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38