Fresh new 360 1st Gen

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Got a free 1st Gen when I bought my moto x pure. Problem.. It's still on 4.4 and when I try to update it's says "not enough space"
The update is the first thing I did. I don't even have any apps on it yet.
I've tried pairing it with the pure, my old moto x 2nd, and a note 2. Same problem on all three.

Posted via the Android Central App

jgooch2000

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I had this same issue and was pretty frustrated that I could not find anything on the internet that addressed the problem. The best I saw was try resetting which is not a lot of help. I messed with it enough to finally figure it out at least for me and hopefully it will work for you. First make sure that the watch is fully charged. Reset the watch - then it will pair and ask you to wait a minute. After it finishes don't go through the tutorial immediately put it on the dock. Once the charge screen comes up push and hold down the physical button until the watch face appears. If the tutorial pops up try to bypass it and go directly to settings. Once in settings go to the update and it should work. It takes a long while and it goes back to blank screen and/ or charge screen. I was not sure if it was working so I had to mess with it by holding down the physical button. Some times it would show me the download status and other times it would not - you could go back to settings and it will show you the status. The download did not seem to mind me interrupting, but maybe you can be more patient (I did not however, ever remove it from the charger.) I finally had success and it was worth it as it makes the watch even better. I even signed up for an account here just to post it because I know how you feel - I hope this method works for you as well. Jesse

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I had this same issue and was pretty frustrated that I could not find anything on the internet that addressed the problem. The best I saw was try resetting which is not a lot of help. I messed with it enough to finally figure it out at least for me and hopefully it will work for you. First make sure that the watch is fully charged. Reset the watch - then it will pair and ask you to wait a minute. After it finishes don't go through the tutorial immediately put it on the dock. Once the charge screen comes up push and hold down the physical button until the watch face appears. If the tutorial pops up try to bypass it and go directly to settings. Once in settings go to the update and it should work. It takes a long while and it goes back to blank screen and/ or charge screen. I was not sure if it was working so I had to mess with it by holding down the physical button. Some times it would show me the download status and other times it would not - you could go back to settings and it will show you the status. The download did not seem to mind me interrupting, but maybe you can be more patient (I did not however, ever remove it from the charger.) I finally had success and it was worth it as it makes the watch even better. I even signed up for an account here just to post it because I know how you feel - I hope this method works for you as well. Jesse
I was eager to try this out today, but unfortunately it didn't get me the update. 😔

jgooch2000

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to hear that - it did take a few trys and I felt like I had to baby it through the process. Maybe disturb it like I did by holding down the button without removing from dock. Go back to update and make sure it is still downloading. Really don't know why it is so hard with a brand new watch - I felt like I was trying to trick it to update? I am no expert and was almost frustrated enough to send it back - the cards finally aligned for me. I hope you all get it to work somehow as well because it does make it a better device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo